Original topic:

Watches that show incoming glucose data as special tile/window

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Lixiss
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello I tried galaxy fit 3 watch and it doesn't show glucose readings. Samsung health displays readings correctly but i dont see how to set it up on my watch. Is it possible? Maybe someone knows a list of watches what do work and show glucose numbers and have special icon for it or window on screen

7 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
None of the Samsung watches measure glucose.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

I think they may be referring to the app for their meter.  May have it on the phone but no companion app for the watch.

0 Likes
Lixiss
Constellation
Options

I dont need it to measure i have a senosor for it, but with health connect i see my sensor reading in Samsung health as a graph so i was wondering if Samsung health can show my reading by connecting to my sensor app maybe a watch can also display them 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

If your meter's app does not have a companion app for the watch, you can't set it up. You would have to contact the manufacturer to see if they plan on coming out with a watch version.  What you can do is see the numbers in the health app on the watch, just as in the health app on the phone.  If you need an alert, you should check the phone app's settings and allow alerts for high/low glucose.  You can then make sure, in the wear app, that you allow notifications from that app on the watch.

As @LongHiker said, there is no watch (Samsung or otherwise) that acts as a glucose meter.

0 Likes
Lixiss
Constellation
Options

What you can do is see the numbers in the health app on the watch, just as in the health app on the phone.

Yes I want this. How do you set this up because I cant see these numbers on my watch but on Samsung health they show up.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

I'm sorry, I seem to have been mistaken about that.  I was under the impression that if you had the tile on your  phone's health app home page, it would appear in the list in the watch's health app.  I no longer use that tile myself, so I removed it from my page, and I thought that was why I didn't see it in the list of measurements. First, I thought it was because it was a manual entry item, but water is there and that has to be manually entered.  IMO, it's the dumbest move Samsung could make with this app, since that's a measurement people want to see and enter -- more so than water.  Water even has it's own tile, but glucose doesn't.  They should have spent their development time adding that feature rather than those stupid health cards and goals notifications.

Perhaps you should tag your post as a feature request to add it.

Lixiss
Constellation
Options

Thank you for your time ^^

0 Likes