JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

We need a way to see which notification sounds have been assigned to which apps

(Topic created: 04-24-2023 06:14 PM)
neilth
Sun
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I am now on my third Galaxy Ultra smartphone. Like most users, I like having unique notification sounds for each app and in some cases, each app's categories. We need a screen in Settings where each available sound is shown and what and where each sound has been assigned. In addition, this information should be backed up/transfered by Smart Switch. This feature would greatly enhance the user friendliness of Samsung Galaxy Smartphones. As things are now, users have no way to easily determine which sounds are unused or previously assigned. 
4 Replies
Options
I completely agree this would be a great feature to have within samsung phones
0 Likes
neilth
Sun
Options

Only Samsung can provide a solution by adding the requested feature. 

0 Likes
TechnoStud
Halo
Options
Furthermore, when we long press a notification to change its settings, it should bring us right to the notification category page and highlight the category that particular notification was from.

This is how it used to work on my Galaxy S9. Now, on my Galaxy S21, when I long press on a notification and choose Settings, it drops me at the general, overriding notification settings for that app. I then need to take the extra step by tapping on notification categories and try to guess which category that particular notification was from in order to change its settings.

I'm guessing that this is a suggestion for the Samsung UI Developers, but perhaps it's a suggestion for Google Android in general. Does anyone know what the controlling code is for this particular behavior.

Long story short, when you tap Settings on a particular notification, you should be taken to the specific Category of that notification and not the general app notification settings. This would make it much easier to know what category we might want to edit the notification sound for.

Is this the best place to make a feature suggestion like this, or should we post this somewhere else?
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes