JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Weather app shows wrong location

(Topic created: 07-10-2022 06:33 AM)
jlhl
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

My phone gives me weather and updates for a city in Asia rather than my actual location in Minneapolis. Maps and most other apps show my correct current location. How do I fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I understand your concerns on this situation and I will be more than happy to help. Before you try the recommendations below, be sure to check if your device's software and related apps are updated to the latest version. To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps: Go to Settings > Software update, tap on Download and install, and follow the on-screen instructions. To change the location displayed on the weather app touch and hold the Weather widget, and then select Settings. Tap Change next to the currently selected location. Select a new location to display, and then tap Save. You can also add multiple locations by tapping the Plus icon in the top right. Find the location you want to add. You can see the weather information of the selected location. To see the list of the selected locations, tap on the More options icon (the three vertical lines).

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I understand your concerns on this situation and I will be more than happy to help. Before you try the recommendations below, be sure to check if your device's software and related apps are updated to the latest version. To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps: Go to Settings > Software update, tap on Download and install, and follow the on-screen instructions. To change the location displayed on the weather app touch and hold the Weather widget, and then select Settings. Tap Change next to the currently selected location. Select a new location to display, and then tap Save. You can also add multiple locations by tapping the Plus icon in the top right. Find the location you want to add. You can see the weather information of the selected location. To see the list of the selected locations, tap on the More options icon (the three vertical lines).