Original topic:

Call and text feature on galaxy s9 plus tablet

(Topic created: 03-09-2024 10:04 PM)
Johnnied34
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Will there be a call and text feature on tab s9 plus in the future? Because i do not see one on my tablet. I can text from Google messages on my tab s9 plus but, i can't make or receive phone calls on my tablet. I was wondering did my tablet and s23 ultra support the call and text feature like on other devices?
0 Likes
17 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

If you decide to try Message+ you will need to first install it and make it the default message app on your phone and from there you can install and connect it on your Tab. 

One it is installed you can either continue to use Message+ on both devices or make either Samsung or Google your default on your phone. 

I like Message+ but don't use it on my phone because I try to use what I'm likely to see more questions about here, which is Samsung Messages, but I did use Message+ for years earlier in a past life.   Especially if you have contacts on Verizon because you don't have the file size limitation like SMS... it's more like iMessage.... that and you don't need a phone near you,  or even on for the Tab to work

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Riftreaper
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Just updated to one UI 6.1 and call and text on other devices now works on my Verizon tablet.

Johnnied34
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
It also works on mine now to thank you.
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

For the first time ever on any Verizon phone, based on this email, l I tried it again with my Verizon Locked Fold 5 and it now works.  Wonder if it's going to stay of if Verizon has a bug in their firmware allowing it. 

Regardless I'm sticking with Message+ on the tablet because it's not phone dependent. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Riftreaper
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I think they enabled it because they are discontinuing the message+ app in June.
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Didn't know that.... sucks

Bill
---
0 Likes
Riftreaper
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I switched over to Google messages, which works pretty well for texting from my phone on my tablet
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Understand but I like Message+ not requiring a connected phone. 

Bill
---
0 Likes