JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Double tap to wake up making me sign in again?

(Topic created: 04-02-2024 08:30 PM)
user9EJZV9NXHb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

I have Android 14 on my Samsung Galaxy tab a9 Plus. When I double tap to wake it up after I double tap to shut it off it should just wake right up. Instead I have to sign in again. I don't have to do that on my Android phone. My Samsung Galaxy a42 has Android 13 and I don't have to sign in again when I double tap to wake it up. Could this either be a flaw or a feature of Android 14?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user9EJZV9NXHb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Finally found somebody at Samsung that knew what they were doing. The solution to this problem is the following: go to lock settings, secure lock settings, and turn off press side button to immediately lock.

View solution in context

14 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

I was having that same issue with the A9 I got for my nephew and couldn't get the Double Tap to work no matter what I did so I returned it and going to get a S6 Lite for them 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
user9EJZV9NXHb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
My double tap does work it's just that when I double tap to turn the tablet back on I should not have to sign in. However if it can't be fixed I could possibly live with it. Now I have my tablet in power saving mode and I can't tell if it is actually in power saving mode.
GaryB82
Options
Tablets

That's what this one was doing I couldn't double tap to wake and then I needed to enter pin to get back in 

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
user9EJZV9NXHb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
You think it has something to do with the Android 14 update?
GaryB82
Options
Tablets

I'm not sure I tried everything me and a friend could do and couldn't get the double tap to wake to work thats why I returned for the S6 Lite 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets

You will always have to sign back in unless you have extend unlock enabled.  Go to settings/lock screen/extend unlock and choose a method of keeping it unlocked. Biometrics is easiest.

I created a routine to have it remain unlocked when connected to my home network.  You can set it to be unlocked in certain trusted places (but it doesn't always get the places right, hence the network routine). You will still have to do the initial unlock manually and have extend lock enabled.  It will remain unlocked for up to 4 hours, when you will have to sign in again.

0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Tablets
It comes down to how the security is set up. There is an option to instantly lock after screen is off, and it goes up to 10 minutes. Also if you have certain options turned on like geo fencing where it needs to be in a certain area it will stay unlocked or connected to specific devices. You may have geofencing turned out without realizing it was on. 1712115829300.jpg
GaryB82
Options
Tablets

That doesn't solve the Double tap to Wake which isn't working 

0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Tablets
I tried with my A9 and it works fine after the update. Though it may be how I double tap? Mine isn't fast but very deliberate.