JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Double tap to wake up making me sign in again?

(Topic created: 04-03-2024 12:51 PM)
user9EJZV9NXHb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

I have Android 14 on my Samsung Galaxy tab a9 Plus. When I double tap to wake it up after I double tap to shut it off it should just wake right up. Instead I have to sign in again. I don't have to do that on my Android phone. My Samsung Galaxy a42 has Android 13 and I don't have to sign in again when I double tap to wake it up. Could this either be a flaw or a feature of Android 14?

14 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

I was having that same issue with the A9 I got for my nephew and couldn't get the Double Tap to work no matter what I did so I returned it and going to get a S6 Lite for them 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
user9EJZV9NXHb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
My double tap does work it's just that when I double tap to turn the tablet back on I should not have to sign in. However if it can't be fixed I could possibly live with it. Now I have my tablet in power saving mode and I can't tell if it is actually in power saving mode.
GaryB82
Options
Tablets

That's what this one was doing I couldn't double tap to wake and then I needed to enter pin to get back in 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
user9EJZV9NXHb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
You think it has something to do with the Android 14 update?
GaryB82
Options
Tablets

I'm not sure I tried everything me and a friend could do and couldn't get the double tap to wake to work thats why I returned for the S6 Lite 

If you've found my post to be hel