JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Echelon Fit Bike Connection Issues With Galaxy Tab A 10.1

(Topic created: 02-18-2021 04:59 PM)
userYfw0M6jwVg
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I purchased a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 to use with our new Echelon bike.  The Echelon app is required to use the bike - and I cannot get my tablet to see the bike on Bluetooth to connect it.  I have tried all of the recommendations from Echelon and still cannot get it to connect.

Any suggestions??? 

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

I am sorry to hear about this. Are you receiving an error message? When the bike is powered on, does a new device show under the devices in you bluetooth settings?

0 Likes
userYfw0M6jwVg
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi - no error message.  When I attempt to add the bike on the app, it says "No bike found"....  The bike itself works on my iPhone and my wife's Samsung tablet, but I cannot get my tablet to "see" the bike...  I think the memory in the app needs to be cleared.  I have followed the instructions for clearing the cache and memory on the tablet's Bluetooth and the Echelon app, but still even when I uninstall and reinstall the app onto the tablet and attempt to "Add new equipment", there are many "Connect bike" options already listed, but none will work.   

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

If the bike was previously paired with another device, make sure you "forget" that pairing.  If it has Bluetooth Smart it can only be paired with one device.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userYfw0M6jwVg
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thank you... Can you point me to instructions on how to "forget" a pairing?

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

I worked with a user a month ago with the exact same problem though I don't remember which tablet they had but we were unable to resolve it here and I don't know if they ever did.

For iPhone

• From a Home screen, navigate: Settings. > Bluetooth.
  • Tap the Info icon. (to the right of the paired device).
  • Tap Forget This Device.
  • Tap Forget Device.

Delete Paired Bluetooth® Connection - Android™

• From a Home screen, do one of the following: Ensure Bluetooth is turned on. Navigate: Settings > Connected devices > Connection preferences > Bluetooth. 
  • Tap the appropriate device name or the Settings icon. (right).
  • Tap 'Forget' or 'Unpair'.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userYfw0M6jwVg
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I am not finding a "Connected Devices" setting on my Samsung Tablet Tab A...  

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Then pull down the quick menu and long press on the Bluetooth icon and it will open a screen where you can see connected devices and pair etc.

Bill
---
0 Likes
userYfw0M6jwVg
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thank you.. When I do that, I get a list of "Available Devices", but once there, cannot find an option for "connected" devices.... not am I able to find a way to "forget" the devices listed.. 

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

If it doesn't show Paired devices then there is nothing Paired and nothing to forget.

Bill
---
0 Likes