JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

External Keyboard serious trouble

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Members_LH61Fxk
Constellation
Options
Tablets

My external keyboard is connected through Bluetooth for my Galaxy Tab s8 Ultra.  It types multiple letters with one hit of the key....I have trouble trying to get this fixed all the time.  If I type I it turns up as IIIIII with just one press of the key. It's really bad for this to happen if I am in the middle of doing something.  

0 Likes
3 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets

This is most likely the fault of the keyboard rather than the phone.

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

You can try a couple of settings under Settings->Accessability->Interactions and Dexterity

Bounce Keys is one that may help but there are other timing adjustments which may help as we.ll

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
Members_LH61Fxk
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Thank you for the kind reply and for trying to actually help me instead of blaming it on the keyboard. This was my mom's external keyboard, which worked fine for her. Samsung has tried to help me before too, but I forget sometimes how I get ahold of them to try to get help. They had me clear the cache before and do a soft reset, I believe. I think I read online that a hard reset would erase stuff on my tablet.  I don't want that.  I will look into the settings you recommended now.  I am using Dexterity too. I know that because I have tried to do something before and was told I couldn't do it in Samsung Dex.   

0 Likes