Original topic:

What are those 'other' files that are clogging up my storage in my a7 tablet?

(Topic created: a month ago)
sox_09
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

These 'other' files are clogging up my storage and I cannot even see those files. What are they and how can I delete them?

Screenshot_20240817-104217_My Files.jpg

0 Likes
4 Replies
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Tablets
The ā€œOtherā€ storage category contains data from apps you have installed on your smartphone or tablet. It includes items such as system files, cached data, and temporary files that do not fall into any other storage categories.

The data contained in the ā€œOtherā€ storage category can not be deleted directly from your device. However, you can clear some of it by deleting cache or app data.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets

Reboot to recovery mode and clear the cache partition. As stated, these "other" files are leftovers from app use, updates, etc.  If you keep up with your optimizations, they should generally clear themselves, but sometimes they don't.  Clearing the cache partition cleans it up. You would probably see a reduction in size by simply optimizing and rebooting your phone but, if not, then clear the cache partition.

LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@sox_09 If you want more details on what is taking up space, click those circled i's at the right of "Apps" and "Other profiles". Give it permission to read the information. Until you do that, a lot of things will be lumped under "Other". 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets

In your image, I see system and apps taking up space and a very tiny light grey area at the beginning which is probably the "other" files. That solid grey area at the end is available space, which looks to be about the 20% unused.

0 Likes