Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S6 missing "Mobile Data" option completely

(Topic created: 09-19-2021 06:21 AM)
userKQnfN1lrta
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Hey there !

I hope this goes in the right spot, i find this board quite confusing to navigate ..

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 and got me a SIM card to give it mobile data. Simply put: it doesn't work.

It is running Android 11, Model Number SM-T860.

Screenshot_20210919-151459_Settings.jpg

I tested the SIM card in another device (both use nano-SIM) and there the card works just fine.

The weirdest thing to me: trying to follow troubleshooting instructions i found on the internet, i discovered that i have no option "Mobile Data" under Settings->Connections->Data Usage .. all i see there is "Wi-Fi data usage" as the one and only menu option.

Screenshot_20210919-151921_Settings.jpg

Is my tablet somehow set up incorrectly or does it not display the option for mobile data because it doesn't recognize the SIM card?

(Yes, i did install the SIM in the SIM slot, not the micro SD slot and yes, i did remove the black rubber thingy that was there as a placeholder and yes, i restarted the tabled multiple times, with the SIM inserted and without  ðŸ˜œ )

I sincerely hope that someone can help me here, searching the web left me quite clueless ..

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@userKQnfN1lrta The SM-T860 model is the Wifi only model. 

The SM-T865 model is the LTE version. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@userKQnfN1lrta The SM-T860 model is the Wifi only model. 

The SM-T865 model is the LTE version. 

userKQnfN1lrta
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

hey LongHiker,

thanks a lot for the reply. That is .. well .. a bit baffling seeing as they included a SIM card slot in the Tab and all. But that definitely answers my question so thanks again! Have a great day !

0 Likes