JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra Unable to Register Fingerprint

(Topic created: 08-08-2023 07:43 PM)
salahmufeed
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

I received my Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra today and I am trying to set up the fingerprint it scans my fingerprint till it reaches 49% then it says couldn't register your fingerprint 

22 Replies
salahmufeed
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I tried both and no lock
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Do you have a screen protector on it?  Try Settings->Display->Touch Sensitivity and toggle that on. 

And more importantly, does it have 2 USB c ports or does it have a magnetic power connection and one USB port? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
salahmufeed
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
No
0 Likes
salahmufeed
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
1 USB c and magnetic connectors for the keyboard
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Thanks, at Unpacked the speaker said two USB ports which would have been great. 

Thanks.  I also just saw  a YouTube unboxing which also revealed the 1 port. 

My 2017 Galaxy Book windows tablet has 2 USB-C ports... Go figure. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
Rhea98
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have the EXACT same issue with my S9 (11"). I even did a factory reset followed by no copying setup. Same! I moved my finger to the center each time the scan circle moved, as I'm sure you did, also. Tried different fingers of mine but haven't tried anyone else's finger. I then went back to my S8, erased the two fingerprint which were no longer working, then tried to rescan. Nothing. I tried again this morning, I did get two prints to scan, but it took 45 minutes for each of continuous scanning to reach 100%. I have no screen cover or outside case nor anything else connected. I do have a micro SD inserted. I've tried with touch sensitive toggled on and off. The S9 quits the option at that mark (I think it went to 50% or 52% one time.). I can't tell if it's hardware or software. The experience with my S8 seems like it's software. I'm not sure I want to keep this if the fingerprint sensor won't even allow registration.

salahmufeed
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I reported it to Samsung have not heard anything yet
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Do you use any lotions on your hands?  Did you wash your hands well with soap and water in order to remove anything on them?   Basic stuff I know but I don't know your situation so I'm trying to cover all bases. 

It's odd to me that both tabs stopped working.  My Ultra and Phone, both with ultrasonic under glass sensors work fine. 

Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

Bill
---
0 Likes
salahmufeed
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I have a galaxy S23 ultra and other devices that has fingerprint sensor and I use them all day every day with no issues but this one new out of the box it will not let me register my fingerprint tried to reset and power off nothing worked and you can't even do a diagnosis for the fingerprint sensor
0 Likes