Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra problems with Wifi 6

(Topic created: 12-06-2023 05:21 PM)
forestation
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Bought a Galaxy Tab s9 Ultra last week and have had issues with Wifi 6.

The tablet would establish a connection with my Wifi 6 router, but then every few minutes (sometimes even more often) the browser will time out when loading a page and the tablet settings will show "Connected without internet" next to the Wifi connection.

I've tried resetting the tablet's network settings and also powering cycling my router, and the problem has persisted. Other people online have reported the same or similar problems, but I wanted to clarify based on my own experience:

1. The problem is occurring with my Wifi 6 router. (Some have speculated the issue may be related to Wifi 6E.)

2. The problem seems to only occur when the Wifi signal is moderate or weak.  More specifically, the problem occurs when my tablet is in the next room from the router (~30 ft. away), but not when it's in the same room (~10 ft. away).

3. I have a Tab S7+ and the Wifi works normally when connected to the same router.

4. Changing from randomized MAC Address to fixed MAC address didn't help.

5. Changing the Wifi encryption from WPA2/WPA3 to WPA3 or WPA2 didn't help.

Can we get Samsung to officially acknowledge the issue and give an ETA for resolution?

GalaxyMorph
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I have had my new Galaxy Tab S9+ for TWO days and it will now not connect to WIFI.

It continually connects, drops, reconnnects etc etc, never making a stable connection, always with the ! on the WIFI icon in the status bar.

I have tried everything the posters above have tried with no effect.  I have thoroughly checked my entire home LAN and WIFI networks: everything works fine and other devices have no problems connecting and maintaining stable connections.  My ISP connection is fine.

I have just upgraded from a Tab S7, which had absolutely NO problems with my WIFI setup.

This is pointing to a hardware issue with this new Tab S9+; I thought maybe I was unlucky getting a duff unit, but now I'm wondering whether I should reject it and retain my Tab S7 - at least that functions as required !

0 Likes
2jSam
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I have the same exact problem, I've got my brand new s9 ultra on November, and to this day i still couldn't find a solution. Samsung support didn't not help either. I'm forced to use my phone's hotspot, and from a device in this price range that's unacceptable. I thought updating to Android 6 might fix something but I was wrong.

0 Likes
Elenril2009
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Same thing here.

0 Likes
Members_8JhugfF
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I'm so relieved that I found this page. I thought my S9 was defective when it would connect to 6E and then disconnect entirely after only about a minute and sometimes it would not reconnect at all or to the 5ghz band. So I see Iā€™m not alone. My S22+ connects and stays connected to 6E with no issues. So as others have said it has to be a hardware issue (wifi antenna or chip) Unfortunately I donā€™t want to return mine after reading that this doesn't accomplish anything but having the same problem. Hopefully a firmware update will fix this but does not look promising. This really blows and Iā€™m not going to buy an iPad just to have 6E. I guess Iā€™ll stick with this until the S10 comes out and then trade this up. I really canā€™t believe Samsung doesnā€™t have a solution to this yet after 6 months.

userGVLOP9E1kI
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Same problem here. Sometimes once an hour, usually every 2-10 minutes. Disconnects from wifi and stays disconnected. Swiping down, turning wifi off and back on triggers a reconnect.

0 Likes
NunoBaioneta
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Hello, I have the exact same issue. Can someone tell if you've found a solution? 

0 Likes
userrs49xj2iLX
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

It's not just the Tab S9.  It's the Tab A as well.  I had Fidium wifi6 installed in my home 4 days ago and everything works great with it - but not my Tab A.  I have several  smart devices and smart plugs, and everything else works great.  But the download speed is all over the place on my Tab A.  One minute I'm getting over 70 mbps and the next I'm getting less than 1 mbps.  Then it goes back up to 60 mbps or so, then back down to less than 3.  Up and down, up and down...   I still have my old Spectrum wifi5 equipment.  When I turn on the old wifi5, the Tab A works just fine!  But it won't work on wifi6.  Called Tech Support and did everything they told me all the way to a complete factory reset.  Still no good.  So I ordered an Amazon Fire Max 11 tablet.  It'll be here on Wednesday, so I'll keep my old wifi5 equipment until then.  I've had Samsung products for years, but I'm not giving the $$$$ to them anymore.  Their products are too expensive not to work.  šŸ˜ž

0 Likes
powsavior
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I might have a solution in developer options find networking and play with the settings here I had a problem were I was limited to 1Mbps on my wifi download rate found my fix there
0 Likes
dcortez
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have the same issues connecting and staying connected to Wi-Fi 6E. I am taking my 3 week old tab S9 to a Samsung repair shop hoping it gets fixed.

Momonowos
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Did they say what the problem is? Is it fixed?
0 Likes