Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra problems with Wifi 6

(Topic created: 12-06-2023 05:21 PM)
forestation
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Bought a Galaxy Tab s9 Ultra last week and have had issues with Wifi 6.

The tablet would establish a connection with my Wifi 6 router, but then every few minutes (sometimes even more often) the browser will time out when loading a page and the tablet settings will show "Connected without internet" next to the Wifi connection.

I've tried resetting the tablet's network settings and also powering cycling my router, and the problem has persisted. Other people online have reported the same or similar problems, but I wanted to clarify based on my own experience:

1. The problem is occurring with my Wifi 6 router. (Some have speculated the issue may be related to Wifi 6E.)

2. The problem seems to only occur when the Wifi signal is moderate or weak.  More specifically, the problem occurs when my tablet is in the next room from the router (~30 ft. away), but not when it's in the same room (~10 ft. away).

3. I have a Tab S7+ and the Wifi works normally when connected to the same router.

4. Changing from randomized MAC Address to fixed MAC address didn't help.

5. Changing the Wifi encryption from WPA2/WPA3 to WPA3 or WPA2 didn't help.

Can we get Samsung to officially acknowledge the issue and give an ETA for resolution?

23 Replies
userRpPUnM8ITj
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I'm having the exact same issue. My brand new Galaxy tab 9 keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi 6. I can't believe no solution has been posted yet

0 Likes
TainoCruz
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I'm disgusted that Samsung does not acknowledge this flaw nor offer a fix. I'm getting rid of this tablet and going back to the solid, reliable ipad!
0 Likes
jazcat
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Same problem here. Moved to a new house and moved from DSL to Spectrum WiFi 6. Phones work fine, tablet drops all the time. Sent it back to Samsung, they couldn't see problem, luckily I had insurance and they reimbursed me what i paid for the tablet. Got a new S9+, problem occurred within the first hour. Arghh.
0 Likes
Momonowos
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Just bought the Samsung Galaxy S9 FE+ 256gb version and I have a 940 mbps mesh internet. Everything in my house connects and is stable whether wired or Wifi but this Tablet is wildly unstable and I've tried everything. I've tried device diagnostic which says it's fine, guest wifi, tablet Mac, prioritizing and finally resetting it but nothing works. Even my old Samsung 21+ phone is stable at 300mbps while this tablet will one minute get 100+ the next minute get 2mbps. The crazy thing is it's at 5GHz and not once dropped down to 2.4GHz and it's STILL acting like this is insane.
0 Likes