Original topic:

Google play issue

(Topic created: 08-13-2024 05:20 PM)
Nord_tonight
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

A family member has an issue on a galaxy tab A tablet. He is primarily just using it for small things until better devices get on the market. Help was initially sought through Google and did what they suggested (clear cache, data, restarting, factory reset) but since that didn't fix it, he suggested to try and get help from here since it is Samsung before getting rid of it.

Google apps aren't working on the tablet, YouTube, Play Store, etc. Chrome is somewhat usable but crashes often. A factory reset was performed on it but the problem has persisted. 
6 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets

is this a new problem? is the family member logged in via their Google account? are they also logged in with their Samsung account? which version of Android is the tablet on? how old is the tablet?

0 Likes
Nord_tonight
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
It's not a new problem, it began in May 2022. Yes to both. Version 8.1.0. 2016. The plan is to eventually donate it to someone, so if there is a solution other than getting a new one it would be appreciated.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
I gotta say, that tablet has been rode hard and put up wet. it is so far out of support from both Samsung and Google. since the problems are with Google apps, I'm wondering if they have simply outpaced the abilities of the tablet at this stage. time for a new slate, I imagine. maybe someone on here has a different thought, but that's all I have.
Nord_tonight
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Thanks for your input, that was what we were expecting. Was just hoping for a miracle.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
understood šŸ‘šŸ» you're welcome
0 Likes
MagusXMortis
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Go to Settings > About Phone - From there, see if it states that it is operating at Abdriod 13 & See if it mentions if the device is running off of Chrome OS (Operating System)

It could.be a Linux, Microsoft or another 3rd-parry Operating System service, which will be a major factor regarding the errors you are encountering in this specific situation
0 Likes