Original topic:

I can't get the home screen to rotate to landscape from portrait mode

(Topic created: 03-17-2024 10:55 AM)
Buckster12
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I've tried using the pull down menu and have the rotate screen selected, I've also tried going into settings from the home screen, the allow home screen to rotate switch doesn't show up in options. I can get my s23 ultra rotate the home screen using home screen settings 
Does anyone have any ideas to try?
7 Replies
PACritic
Comet
Options
Tablets
Under home screen setting check the allow home screen to rotate button. Please set to accepted solution once you confirm
0 Likes
PACritic
Comet
Options
Tablets
Screenshot1710704962290.jpg
Buckster12
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
That button doesn't show up on my home screen settings page 1710705346843_1710705346827_0.jpg
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@Buckster12 A tablet doesn't have that setting in the Home screen settings because it will auto rotate as long as Auto rotate is enabled.

To enable auto rotate:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen.
  2. Look for this icon Screenshot_20220323-072731_One UI Home.jpg
  3. Click on this icon. Auto rotate will be enabled. The icon will be renamed to Auto rotate and change to this icon. Screenshot_20220323-072711_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
Buckster12
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Thank you for responding to my question, I do have that icon turned on to auto rotate, but it still won't rotate on the home screen. Other apps or search windows will rotate with the auto rotate selected. That's why I've been asking for help, I just bought the tablet, maybe I will have to return it or get a software update -
0 Likes
Buckster12
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I did some more research on getting the screen to rotate, I checked my software for an update and it is up to date, then it said to try to shut it down and restart it. It worked!!
It works as it was supposed to.
Thanks for the help
niteskyz
Explorer
Options
Tablets
enable developer mode.
0 Likes