Original topic:

Icons and links on home page will not drag to existing folders.

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Josephrlapierre
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I have an a8 with 128 gig. Android 14. I can no longer add icons and link icons to existing folders. Under the folder I can only add from my apps by pressing the รท. Has anyone seen this?
12 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
It sounds like the home screen is locked. Go to the home screen settings and unlock it, and it should work now.1718814045458.jpg
0 Likes
Josephrlapierre
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
That was the first thing I checked. I even locked and unlocked it.
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
I know dropping apps on top to create a folder can be finicky because the app below will move around, so you sometimes have to go as slowly as possible. Otherwise, I'm not sure why it's happened to you. Sorry, I don't have more to offer.
0 Likes
Josephrlapierre
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Thanks, I tried it slow, and from every side of the folder. Still won't add ot.
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Try dropping the item that you want to add to a folder but can't, to the desktop and then from there, drag it into the folder.  Happens to me at times as well but this always works. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Josephrlapierre
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Did that and it doesn't work. I have tried apps and links. I even tried to create a new folder. Nope. That doesn't work either.
0 Likes
Josephrlapierre
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
OK , I found that I can create folders in the apps listing and add apps. But my links are not available in there,
0 Likes
Josephrlapierre
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Does anyone have any other ideas? I'm thinking there is another setting out there.
0 Likes
userJQKPZDVyFW
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I've had this same problem (unable to add apps to an existing folder). My screen is unlocked, I've moved folder to my Home Page, I hover the app over & around the folder slowly, up to ~30 seconds, but still NO success. For a while I was able to start from scratch, taking all apps out of the existing folder and adding them back in, but now, once I add 2 apps to a folder, I can't add anymore. It is SOOO frustrating. I've had an S24 Ultra since March 2, 2024.

0 Likes