JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Moving Apps To SD Card

(Topic created: 10-06-2020 02:44 PM)
userKvcCcwLHtH
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have a Galaxy Tab A 8" 2019. The issue i am having is that i cannot move a single app to  my sd card. The funny thing is that I have a Samsung phone and am able to move a lot of the  apps to its sd card. Now before you  ask, when I select any app that I want to move on my tablet, there is no option to change the storage location at all. No matter what I app I choose  I can't move it. I can move photos and videos, but no apps. See attached  screen shot.  As you  can see,  there is no choice for move. This particular game i also have on my Samsung phone which I was able to move to my sd card. Any suggestions? Screenshot_20201006-163258_Settings.jpg

JUMP TO SOLUTION
JoysBandMom
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have the same model tablet. How can I store data on the SD card? I don't see any options for that anywhere. When I installed the SD card it made over 70 folders, but the only thing in any of them is more empty folders. 5.5MB of empty folders. There is not one actual file in any folder I have checked.

The only things I've figured out how to do is to set the camera to save to the SD card (I'm not going to be taking pictures with my tablet) and to manually move files such as screenshots or downloads. What's the point of even having an SD card?

The user manual is nearly useless also, as it seems to be out of date.

Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message;
however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.
Lmbooyh
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Why did they bother giving us an SD card. Never heard of tablet that the SD card is useless. I'm very disappointed
0 Likes
mike-hinson
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have a Samsung J6+ phone with Android 10 and can move apps to the SD card. It is not an Android 10 situation

0 Likes
mike-hinson
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have a Samsung J6+ phone with Android 10 and can move apps to the SD card. It is not an Android 10 situation

@Anonymous wrote:

The ability to move and run apps from the SD cars has been removed from the Android OS. You can still store the data on the SD card, but apps will no longer run from there.

0 Likes
userUKgRfUkWs3
Constellation
Options
Tablets

This means that I will not buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 64GB tablet. So Samsung have lost my custom for that model. I am also reviewing my decision to buy the 32GB version. Very short-sighted of the company to remove this option.

Regards

AJ

0 Likes
Members_gsnvxKA
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Then what is the point of having a sd card if I can't move apps over

0 Likes
Members_xnUdmnn
Constellation
Options
Tablets

You might wanna re-think asking for this to be checked as a "solution." Unless, of course, you re-word it to read "for Samsung" to be more accurate. 

0 Likes
ClintonEmpire
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
My Samsung Tab A w/Android 10 has has this feature so it does NOT appear to be an Android issue.
0 Likes
mike-hinson
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

i am looking to buy a Tab A 8" (2019) that has Andoid 9, but upgradable to Android 10. What verion of 10 are you running 10? And you can move apps to the SD card?

@ClintonEmpire wrote:
My Samsung Tab A w/Android 10 has has this feature so it does NOT appear to be an Android issue.

0 Likes
Boomer59
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I would have bought the tablet with more storage if I had known. This is an extreme disappointment. 

0 Likes