JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Prime Video on Galaxy Tab A7 lite

(Topic created: 02-08-2022 07:11 AM)
user6JJqI9eKpF
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
 I can't watch vids on Prime Video. Keep getting a video_renderer_error message. Thr Prime app works till trying to start watching. All other video apps work fine. Any suggestions? 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userazw89lrhQl
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I use the Amazon Prime app everyday on my A7 Lite without any problems whether I am watching it on the tablet, or casting it via Chromecast it works 99% of the time with no problems. Only thing I can suggest is clear the cache better yet, clear the data by clicking and holding on the Amazon Prime button until app info appears. Then from there clear data if you can clear the cache on the tablet and restart and login as a new user. If that doesn't resolve it, you may try to uninstall the app restart and then download it once again and repeat the process of signing into your account at that point you won't need to remove data because you haven't set it up yet. Good luck let me know

View solution in context

3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

I recommend reaching out to Amazon regarding this issue. 

0 Likes
Solution
userazw89lrhQl
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I use the Amazon Prime app everyday on my A7 Lite without any problems whether I am watching it on the tablet, or casting it via Chromecast it works 99% of the time with no problems. Only thing I can suggest is clear the cache better yet, clear the data by clicking and holding on the Amazon Prime button until app info appears. Then from there clear data if you can clear the cache on the tablet and restart and login as a new user. If that doesn't resolve it, you may try to uninstall the app restart and then download it once again and repeat the process of signing into your account at that point you won't need to remove data because you haven't set it up yet. Good luck let me know
cmember
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

The OP is correct; I get the same error. The issue is the following: 

Even though the device is Widevine:L1 amazon does not recognize this. The OP will be able to play video if under “Stream and Download” “Use hardware acceleration” is turned off.

The unfortunate consequence of this is that now video will play in SD and so will downloads. Other posters that claim prime video works fine check and you will see that in your case hardware acceleration is off and hence you are consuming low quality prime video which in a small screen sometimes you may not notice.

It is my impression that this did not use to be the case and started happening only after an update either on Amazon’s side or Samsung’s side but I may be wrong.

In any case, Samsung needs to work with Amazon so that the device gets whitelisted in the digital rights management list I believe, but again I may be wrong.

0 Likes