Original topic:

Problems connecting S8 Ultra as a second screen

(Topic created: 03-13-2024 09:53 PM)
BeADragon
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Hi All,

I work fully remote and have been unable to connect my tablet to my laptop as a second screen. I follow all of the instructions and it looks like it is going to connect, but then the tablet goes to a black screen for a couple of seconds and then back to its home screen. On the laptop, it says it's unable to connect. I made sure they were on the right networks as well as made sure they were on the right operating systems. My work laptop is a Lenova ThinkPad and it's running Windows 11. I do work in the Healthcare field so I am not sure if our security and firewalls are what's stopping the connection. Can anyone help? If there isn't a solution, is there a way to connect it wired? I did purchase a HDMI to USB-C cord if thats an option. Thank you in advance to anyone that has advice or solutions!!!
2 Replies
MelissaD
Comet
Options
Tablets
Try downloading/ installing Samsung Flow app. Also, make sure you have the latest TAB S8 Ultra drivers on your PC. You should be able to connect via Bluetooth in Flow If it still doesn't work try 'RESET ALL SETTINGS' in your S8 TAB. It may be a privacy setting/ permissions issue and this may fix it.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@BeADragon Does your work laptop use a VPN to connect to the network? If so, that could be preventing the 2 devices from connecting. 

0 Likes