Original topic:

Problems with Gallery

(Topic created: 03-10-2024 11:07 AM)
robtmrks
Constellation
Options
Tablets

When I go into gallery and select pictures and try to save them or send them anywhere, I am no longer able to do that. There is some new "share nearby" function which has replaced any capacity to send any file from Gallery to anywhere, except sharing with someone nearby.

Another sudden change: when I edit a picture within gallery, the picture is no longer shown at full size. Instead, I see the image at about 50% of full size.

Gallery worked beautifully before these two changes but it is now unusable. 

I'm using a Samsung S8 tablet

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Can you post Screenshots of what you're seeing?  It's working fine here. 

Also you can try to clear the Gallery app cache and/or Resetting the tablet with Power and Vol Down until it reboots. 

Here's a screenshot of me taping the share icon for a Pic I had selected.   I have the ability to do Nearby Share as well as to one of my apps.. just like before. 

Screenshot_20240310_122600_IntentResolver.jpg

And Editing seems to be normal as well

Screenshot_20240310_123126_Photo Editor.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
robtmrks
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Both problems disappeared when I cleared the cache and disconnected from syncing to OneDrive.