JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S8 Tablet, no sending of SMS text

(Topic created: 10-10-2022 08:53 AM)
userTzmg3X1hmR
Constellation
Options
Tablets
After T-Mobile took over Sprint, my S8 Tablet has stopped sending SMS text.   The only solution I have been offered is to link my Tablet (which has it's own phone number)  to my phone's number & use the same WIfi.   Why would I want to do either.   I want to take my tablet with me, use it for texting, & etc without  having to carry my phone ir be next to WiFi.   I want to use the LTE feature I'm  paying for.    I have gotten NOWHERE with T-Mobile  or Samsung.   

Any ideas out there ?
4 Replies
Ali3n_B3nt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Hi,

A few things to consider ...
- APN settings under your connection settings to ensure they are directed to TMobile instead of Sprint
- SIM /eSIM replacement
- Check for the Carrier Services app from play store thats published by T-Mobile USA, if available download/install and open to process Carrier updates and network registration.

Hope these help!
0 Likes
Caesar0571
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
You have to sync Google messages for it to work
0 Likes
userTzmg3X1hmR
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I don't want to sync messages. I want each phone number to have it's own texting (not linked to any other device, i.e., the cell phone to use it's own number for voice and texting AND the tablet to use it's own number for texting...
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

I had typed up another message which I've since deleted because I had it in my heat that you were with AT&T... a leftover from another user I responded to. 

But it has been my experience that while carriers assign phone numbers to tablets that is typically for data purposes only.  Apparently Sprint ws an exception but T-Mobile doesn't have that same policy or you've not escalated it up high enough with T-Mobile.   This is not a Samsung issue. 

You can switch to Verizon and have that ability with their Message+ on all of your devices and Possibly with AT&T with their OEM Message app.  You can also use WhatsApp or possibly Signal but I have no experience with those apps. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes