Original topic:

Samsung Tab S8+ proximity sensor

(Topic created: Friday)
Options
Tablets

Where on the settings can I find the proximity sensor for Tab S8+? I need to make adjustments to it. Every time I send my tablet for repair, they just say it's fine even if I send it 10 times. I just want to change proximity sensor on the settings and make changes to it since someone on my last post said this might be causing brightness to dim on its own.

5 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Just disable adaptive brightness in settings>display. There is no way to adjust the proximity sensor.
0 Likes
Options
Tablets

I did but it doesn't work. This is the 3rd Tab S8+ and the 2nd Tab S7 it has happened to. I can send all tablets for repair nonstop and they will say nothing is wrong with it. This never happens with Tab S3, Tab S4, or Tab S6. 

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Try booting to Safe Mode and see if it still does it with Adaptive disabled

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Options
Tablets

And if it does? Can you tell me how proximity sensor works? Someone mentioned on the last post that the brightness can dim on its own if I am using the tablet in the dark or if the sensor cannot detect my face or something like that. I do use the tablet in the dark but it still happens even when I have the lights on. I am on my bed on my side so maybe it's not detecting my face. I'm not sure. 

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

If it works Safe Mode then that means that one of the apps that you've installed is affecting it. 

Reading what you've posted, are you talking about Adaptive Brightness or keeping the screen on while viewing.?  Keeping the screen on uses the front camera and Adaptive Brightness would use a photo sensing device... probably the camera to detect changes in ambiant light. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes