Original topic:

Sudden black screen Samsung Galaxy Tab S9

(Topic created: Friday)
Meesh2
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 - only been used for around 10 x days and it suddenly goes black on over 30% battery, and is completely non responsive. Tried to force restart (power button plus volume down), and this doesn't work - although I notice that when I do this, the screen lights up, but only in black (no logo etc, blank screen). 

Any ideas? At a loss as to what this could be.

Not very impressed as this is a brand new device and purchase.

2 Replies
Phoneybologna
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
I have the S9 Ultra. Same thing happened to mine. Had to send it back. They said that they couldn't find anything wrong but it was working when they sent it back. Took about a week before I got it back. No problems since.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Keep trying the Power/Vol Down and hold it for up to a minute.  Ofter takes multiple tried. 

Also, unplug it from the charger and try it.  The tablet will not turn on during the time that it's supposed to be displaying the charging animation... when all is working you have to wait until that dissappear.... just a thought. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes