Original topic:

Tab A 7 will not restart, failed to find locales

(Topic created: 03-07-2022 06:13 PM)
user6zmIneAb4o
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Samsung tab not booting after update.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 Wi-Fi 64GB Gray (SM-T500NZAEXAR)

Every selection I try 

Option to try again - failed

Option erase app data - failed

Option power off - failed

It always takes me back to the error screen (after trying to reboot on its own several times)

Error as follows

Android recovery

Failed to load locales from the resource files, failed to compare.

#reboot recovery cause is [thread-4:2965 RecoverySystemRescueParty#

#Reason is [RescueParty]#

E:Failed to load bitmap installing_test for locale en-US (error -1)

Supported API: 3

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

I understand how this could be frustrating. As the restart/reset is not helping the situation, I recommend downloading the Smart Switch app toy your PC, and using the Emergency Software Install function to reinstall the software. You can download the app at https://www.samsung.com/us/apps/smart-switch/.

0 Likes
userrXRFxxbupC
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Hi, I have an identical problem also with a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 (SM-T505N) which has become stuck in a boot loop with the same error message.  I've installed Samsung Smart Switch as suggested but it never detects a device when the USB cable is connected.  As mentioned by @user6zmIneAb4o even choosing the Power Off option fails, as it immediately turns back on.  I've tried holding the Power and Volume Up keys but cannot get it it give the full recovery options to erase the device.  Any help appreciated.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello! If this is still occurring after trying the accepted solution please send us a private message with your full model and serial number so that we may look into service options for the device! 

0 Likes
Pikey_1975
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
  • Hi I'm having the same issue, did you manage to get this fixed?

0 Likes