Original topic:

Tab A8 mic not working on zoom or messenger video calls

(Topic created: 06-08-2021 08:29 PM)
user8wo5fLkKDr
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

hi folks

Having previously worked fine suddenly no one can hear me in a zoom or messenger call.  I've checked all the obvious settings and i wasn't muted.  The mic is working in all other scenarios - recording videos, making a voice call via messenger - but not on either of the video calls.

Can anyone help?

useruCK78p15vA
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Just a reminder. Downgrade most likely will void warranty and all data will be erased from tablet. So, backup

0 Likes
usernaUZM33F3w
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

It's been days since your update crippled our tablets.  Your engineers have all the data they need- the build numbers of the impacted software are identical so you know exactly what update did the mic crippling.

What's the status here? We rely on these devices.  What's your suggestion?  Downgrade via 3rd party software?  Will a factory reset and complete loss of data do the trick?  Has anyone had luck with a factory reset, or does it automatically download the latest update during the process so we're right back to being unable to use the devices for our meetings/calls?

user67YBU9iOip
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Tried the factory reset on one of our three pads at the request of Samsung tech I chatted with.  It didn't work for obvious reason you stated and lost all the pad data even though it was supposed to have been backed up. This is way more than frustrating.  This should become a class action lawsuit.

0 Likes
useruCK78p15vA
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hello. Everyone. Factory reset, permission, app reinstalling will not do anything. I mentioned in other topic I tried everything already. The bug is in core of firmware with this update so all these resetting things will not work. I fixed my tablets with downgrade as mentioned above and this is probably the only way right now unless they come up with new update that will fix it

0 Likes
user67YBU9iOip
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Most people won't be capable of performing that complicated procedure.  And more importantly, we shouldn't have to.  Samsung could just reissue the previous software update as new optional update to resolve this issue immediately. But the problem with this approach and your approach is apparently inadequate security...the reason Samsung stated for the current update that broke our pads.  This situation is not acceptable. 

useruCK78p15vA
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I agree with that. But for me security is not really big issue. On these tablet only kids playing and schooling. Nohing to steal there. Also downgrading is not as complicated as many people think. All you need is flash file for you tablet, ODIN, and samsung usb driver. Install samsung usb driver, power on tablet in download mode, open ODIN select flash files, click flash and just wait. But backup everything before you do that.

0 Likes
user9JC6CtblYT
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have the same problem.  It's extremely annoying at the moment when all my school courses and work are online, but I cannot join the meetings/calls at all on my tablet! I don't understand how this can be allowed...also no advice has been given as to how long the issue will take before being resolved? Not very helpful/good customer service!

0 Likes
usernM7r5A6elF
Constellation
Options
Tablets

any update from samsung?

0 Likes
user67YBU9iOip
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

No update. No anything from Samsung.

userkQGlYd6Aiw
Constellation
Options
Tablets

This has just gone way too far... what a poor response and follow up/action taken by samsung.. this is affecting me, all of you guys as well as a whole bunch of other people that haven't or won't express themselves in forums like these... shameful and disgusting its been days. I rely on this tablet, things like these just make my stomach turn, so unreliable.

0 Likes