JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[Tab S8+| One UI 5] Ram plus not turning off. As a matter of fact, I can't change it at all.

(Topic created: 11-28-2022 12:31 PM)
SnillOC_v21
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Disregard this post, as it was made by certified clown (me). Turns out, I bought the 16 gig model, and not the 12 gig model (could have sworn I had a 12 gig).

So, I recently just upgraded to One UI 5 on my Galaxy Tab S8 Plus. First thing I did was to try and turn off RAM Plus. After toggling it off and restarting, I noticed that my ram capacity didn't change. Turn it back on made no change either. Selecting another option for RAM Plus made no change either. No matter where I do, I'd have 16 gigs of RAM. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, were you able to find a fix? 

Screenshot_20221128_093209_Software update.jpgScreenshot_20221128_093831_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20221128_094002_Device care.jpg

4 Replies
Solution
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
Adding ram plus doesn't push your stock ram number up. Your tablet comes with up to 16GB RAM from the factory. 8, 12, and 16GB are the options for RAM, WITHOUT RAM+.
SnillOC_v21
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Just checked the store page and holy f**k I'm stupid. I got the 16 gig model? Could have sworn I had a 12 gig.

KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
You're not stupid, you just didn't know. There is a difference. I'm just glad we're able to clear that up and you also learned something today! A win in my book!
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
Ram+ uses your storage memory to give you the extra.