JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab S8 Ultra in for screen repair

(Topic created: 07-11-2022 04:03 PM)
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Some of you may remember when I received my Tab S8 Ultra back in April and almost immediately had it knocked off a table onto a hardwood floor.  Well that incident did not damage the tablet but less than a week later my puppy caused the same thing to happen and it did indeed crack the screen.

The edge of the glass impacted something and caused a number of cracks to radiate from that impact point, under the Glass Screen Protector.  I've used it all this time because the cracks were unnoticeable in normal use and only visible when the room light hit them from an angle...so for my use the screen was fine.

So a couple of weeks ago I remembered that my credit card had some kind of insurance with it and in fact the tablet is covered for the first 120 days so I had to get off my butt and send it in.

I created a ticket and even though I know it's not covered by the Samsung warranty, the ticketing system has this as a warranty repair and created a UPS label for it.  I chatted with Samsung twice and both times they told me that I had to use the label they provided.  I had wanted to ship it myself and put my own insurance on it but I figured that my credit card would cover any loss if the worst happens.

Anyway, I'll keep this thread updated with the experience with the repair since its many years since I had anything repaired by Samsung.  I did have my Note Pro 12.2 covered under a warranty repair and it went off without incident.  Once they get the tablet which should be Wed or Thu, it's supposed to take 5-7 days to return it.

Assuming the repair goes well, I'll then chronology my attempt to get my credit card to pay for the repair under its warranty provisions.  I have never dealt with them before (Chase) so it should be interesting...wish me luck

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
JUMP TO SOLUTION
16 Replies
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Ok, I received my tablet back this afternoon and have been restoring it and using it for a few hours and all seems to be well.
Physcally it looks perfect and functionally it seems fine. They must have done a low level factory reset as I sent the tablet password locked and it needed to be setup like new when I received it back.

I also put in my credit card claim and I'll keep you informed on how that goes as well.

The price was pretty steep and I'm now wondering if they replace the glass and the digitizer as a matter of process or maybe it comes as an assembly....just a guess based on the $329 price tag.

Notwithstanding the price, it was a very painless endeavor and took 6 days from the day that they received it to the day I got it back.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Great News! (for me, anyway) I just filled out the online forum for the direct deposit of $329 into my account. It took two weeks but my Chase Amazon card has paid for the repair of my tablet.

Not that I would buy anything of value any other way, but having a credit card with this type of merchandise warranty is absolutely a good thing,

Bill
---
0 Likes
Casiouser
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Do you have a link to where you got Chase to cover this? Did you buy your tablet from Samsung?
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets
Yes, bought from Samsung. I'm out in the woods for the weekend but just call the number in the card and see if your card has the coverage. Mine was good for the 120 days. Amazon Prime card by chase

Bill
---
0 Likes
Casiouser
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
So my Chase card has that benefit too. Did you contact them before or after you contacted/sent it to Samsung for repair?
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

I contacted them only to find out if I had the coverage and how long it was good for.  They confirmed that my card had the coverage but did no assessment as to whether it would get paid.  I then sent the Tab in for repair and when it returned I filed the claim at https://www.eclaimsline.com

I was going to get the Tab repaired with or without the coverage, it was a pleasant surprise. 

Bill
---
Solution
bill-e
Options
Tablets

This is the last update on this event.  The money posted to my account today.  Now I'm wondering how many times I might have been able to use this credit card feayure in the past, but now I know 😉

Bill
---
0 Likes