JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab S8 tablet not receiving or making phone calls

(Topic created: 12-01-2023 05:18 PM)
usermfOLlLopt5
Constellation
Options
Tablets

My Galaxy tab s8 is connected to my phone via call and text. Both are attached to my Samsung account and both are connected to the same wifi network. I receive and send text on my tablet with no issues but when it comes to trying to make a phone call or receive a phone call though my tablet won't work. When I do try to make a phone call from tablet it will try "calling" and then stop. occasionally it will work but most of the time it doesn't. anybody have any idea how i can fix this, thank you 

5 Replies
Rayzer
Sun
Options
Tablets
I read your question a couple of times and saw that you had the two most important things, same network, same Samsung account. Reading further on I think you might focus on the quote occasionally it will work but most of the time it doesn't quote. Using the process of elimination try to determine what factors might be causing this. I would concentrate on the possible mode or status of your phone. Good luck and I'll be following your post to see if you come up with an answer.
Solution
Options
Tablets
To troubleshoot the issue with making or receiving calls on your Galaxy Tab S8 through your connected phone, you can try the following steps:

1. **Check Network Connection:**
Ensure both your tablet and phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Additionally, verify that both devices have a stable internet connection.

2. **Update Software:**
Make sure both your Galaxy Tab S8 and your connected phone have the latest software updates installed. Updates often include improvements and bug fixes.

3. **Restart Devices:**
Restart both your tablet and phone. This can help refresh the connection and resolve temporary issues.

4. **Reset Call & Text on Other Devices:**
On your phone, go to Settings > Advanced features > Call & text on other devices. Disable this feature, restart both devices, and then re-enable it.

5. **Check Permissions:**
Ensure that the necessary permissions are granted on both devices for making and receiving calls. Go to Settings > Apps > Phone, and verify the permissions.

6. **Samsung Account Sync:**
Confirm that your Samsung account is properly synced on both devices. Go to Settings > Accounts and backup > Accounts > Samsung account.

7. **Network Firewall/VPN:**
If you use a VPN or have firewall settings, check if they are affecting the connection. Temporarily disable them to see if it resolves the issue.

8. **Contact Samsung Support:**
If the problem persists, reach out to Samsung support for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your device's configuration.

Remember to back up any important data before making significant changes to your device settings.
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Tablets
@usermfOLILopt5

Welcome to the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Galaxy Tab S8. It sounds like you have done most of what is needed to make it work properly. I did want to share these tips.

Please have a look!

Calling and Texting On Other Devices:

1. Turn OFF the Mobile Data Service on your Samsung Galaxy Phone

2. Turn ON the Wi-Fi on your Samsung Galaxy Phone Connect to your Wi-Fi Network

3. On your Samsung Galaxy Tablet Turn ON Wi-Fi and Connect to your Wi-Fi Network

4. Both Devices must be on the same Wi-Fi Network in order to Synchronize and work properly for Phone Calls and Text Messages.

5. Both Devices Need to be Signed into the Same Samsung Account

6. Both Samsung Devices Need to have "Calling and Texting On Other Devices" Enabled and Setup

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding "Calling ang Texting on Other Devices" Thank you!
0 Likes
IZZY2024
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Why is my Samsung tablet not letting me text or call I can call on Google meet but nothing else works for calls or text
0 Likes
Members_32MbryS
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Were you able to figure it out and get it back working? I am having similar problems. I can receive and make calls but no incoming or outgoing texts. It just randomly stopped working. 

0 Likes