Original topic:

Tab S9 Ultra on November 2023 Update

(Topic created: 03-19-2024 06:37 AM)
Junny23103
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

When will my Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra get a newer update? It is still stuck on the November 2023 Security Patch. Isn't it supposed to update every 3 months? I just want my tablet to work normally, sometimes the notification shade doesn't let me close it or open quick settings, I have to close it swiping the back gesture and THEN reopening it. Or how the notification icons don't have the proper Color palleted color when activating it with the QuickStar setting.

4 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
The Tab S9 is suppose to get a update this month sometime since tablets are on a 3 month schedule
https://news.samsung.com/global/new-one-ui-6-1-update-brings-galaxy-ai-to-more-galaxy-devices

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.
Options
Tablets
My S8 ultra is stuck with the same updatešŸ¤•
TheFerret
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My S9 Ultra is still on the Nov 2023 update. It's been 5+ months. Samsung's security update policy for tablets is completely unacceptable. Add in the reasoning that an update should fall "within a quarter," and you could very well end up with 2 updates per year and still meet this flawed policy. Security updates need to be done monthly, just like they do for new phones. And how Apple and Google update just about all of their devices. Phones, tablets, smart TV, watches, etc.

There are way too many bad actors, threats, and known vulnerabilities to treat this as such a low priority. And every day, more bad unpatched stuff is discovered.

Samsung - Fix this. 

0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Tablets
If Samsung follows standard calendar quarters, we should still see 4 a year. November was Q4 2023.

January, February, and March (Q1)

April, May, and June (Q2)

July, August, and September (Q3)

October, November, and December (Q4)

FWIW, I agree that it should be monthly like the phones, but I expect we will see one before end of March.

0 Likes