Original topic:

Tab s7 the display won't start again

(Topic created: 09-08-2021 09:48 AM)
bmk2022
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Just got my device yesterday.

I also wrote for the book cover-related problem down below.
So when I lock and leave my device for a few minutes or hours, when I try to open and start using it again, it seems like it automatically turned off. The screen would not start or react by clicking the power button or tap the screen twice.

In this case, holding the power button would not work as well, just a force reboot ( power button + volume down) would work to get it restarted.
It happens even I entered safe mode.
Could I get help?

+ I disabled the book cover accessories setting.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Options
Tablets

Try the power button and volume up (when the device is off) this puts the device in recovery mode

In recovery mode look for the download feature

Hook it up to your computer via Kies or SmartSwitch and download firmware to it

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets

Hello, I understand how frustrating that can be, are you able to provide the full model code of the device to assist you further? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
bmk2022
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Model num: SM-T870
Serial num: <HIDDEN>

0 Likes
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets

Hello, I was able to locate some troubleshooting steps here to assist you here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001482/ further. If the troubleshooting does not resolve your issue, please provide your name, address, contact number, e-mail, and place of purchase in the private message: https://bit.ly/3lVQyQ2 to review the service option as that would be the next recommendation for this concern. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
bmk2022
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I just got s7 tablet and am using third party book cover that has magnets for the hall sensor.

when I close the cover and try to open it again, It should automatically turn on itself, but instead it freezes with black display and dies out. 

Even if I push the power button it does not response. it only comes back when I do the force-restart with power + volume down button.

The hall sensors do not seem like it has a problem since it passes the hall ic test when I did sensor test, but still it is problematic.

I have the software up-to-date.

Can you help me?