Original topic:

Tab s9 plus poor mobile signal

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Mccracken1993
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

I have a tab s9 plus verizon and it doesn't get tmobile signal very well

And I'm wondering if the att version will be better anyone have any info?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
These days 90% of devices are compatible with all carriers. Before switching, I would contact T-Mobile and see if they can help you improve the signal. Some carriers don't let you seith until you've been through a full billing cycle.

View solution in context

3 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets

I'm trying to understand what you are asking.  Are you saying that you have a Tab S9+ that was carrier locked to Verizon, but is now unlocked and you switched to T-Mobile and are now not picking up the T-Mobile signal?  Or is it still locked to Verizon and you have switched to T-Mobile without unlocking? Are you considering purchasing a Tab S9 carrier locked to AT&T hoping it will work better?  It will only work better if you switch carriers to AT&T, as you cannot use a device locked to one carrier on another.  You can purchase an unlocked Tab S9, which you can use with any carrier, or you can purchase one from T-Mobile.  If you are having issues with a carrier signal, the primary solution is not to immediately buy another device, but to contact the carrier and try to troubleshoot the problem.

0 Likes
Mccracken1993
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Verizon doesn't lock them. I bought the tablet from Samsung and it's verizon but I'm using it on tmobile it's not getting good signal.
I'm wanting to know of the att model will be a better fit since there both gsm carriers?
0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
These days 90% of devices are compatible with all carriers. Before switching, I would contact T-Mobile and see if they can help you improve the signal. Some carriers don't let you seith until you've been through a full billing cycle.