Original topic:

Touch screen issues (Tab A9+)

(Topic created: Sunday)
BlizzaTK
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Tablet was working great, but after One UI 6 update, touches aren't registering normally. In sideways orientation, touches barely register at all. Anyone know a fix for this or will have to wait for the next update? 
10 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Press and hold the Power and Vol Down buttons until the tablet reboots to soft reset it. 

If that doesn't resolve the issue then try:

Turn off the device 

* Connect to a computer via USB

Press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously till the device logo appears

When it logo appears, release Power button but hold the others few more seconds

Release all the buttons when Recovery Mode screen appears

You can use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll up or down, and the Power button to select

Using the Vol Down rocker, select Wipe Cache Partition

Press the Power button to select 

Use the Vol Down button to select Repair Apps

Use the power button to select

Use the Vol Down button to select Restart

Use the power button to select

* Some devices need to be connected to a computer in order to enter the Recovery Mode.          

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
BlizzaTK
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I tried all of this and nothing worked. However, I did find a solution. Apparently after the update, the case on my tablet started causing the problems. I removed it and the problems went away. Hopefully there's another update to fix this because I don't want to buy another case, nor do I want to go without protection.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

If you have an aftermarket case with magnets then those cases often cause issues with the S-Pen.  I havent seen reports of other touch issues but it wouldnt surprise me.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
linkysys
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Double tap to wake doesn't seem to work correctly with or without a case. Appears to be a firmware bug.

BlizzaTK
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I've been observing it a bit more. It might sound crazy but my A9+ only operates with no problems if I'm holding it directly. For example, if it's sitting flat on the table or bed, it will only read maybe half of my taps. I've never seen a device do this before.
0 Likes
manfsch
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Interestingly, it works if it is charging even if it is on a table. Or, if it is not charging it works on the table if a hand is behind the tablet.

0 Likes
Methuli
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I am facing the same challenge what is going on with these Tablets how can this issue be rectified i am failing to type word documents on this Tablet because of this issue rendering it useless. 

0 Likes
haeckelfe
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Same here, i bought 6   A9+ Tablets for the company I work for and did the update to One UI 6 on all of them and all of them have the same issue. They wont wake on double tap even though the option is activated, it will work some times. Definitely a firmware issue, hope they fix it... 

0 Likes
NicR
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have the exact same issue the second I updated to Open UI6. Edges of the screen barely register inputs.  Nothing if it's with a pen. 

When will Samsung fix with an update????

0 Likes