JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trackpad Bugs S8 Book cover ultra keyboard

(Topic created: 04-07-2022 05:03 PM)
Options
Tablets

Finally got my tab S8 ultra today after a delay. I finally took the bookcover ultra keyboard out that they sent me about 45ish days ago too so I could finally see what it can do.

Is anyone else having a really horrible experience with the keyboard? Any workarounds or tricks to make it stop breaking being so glitchy?

I set up in tablet mode so I was mostly just amazed with how smooth it was. Once it seemed like set up was complete I connected the keyboard to the tablet. Had a few issues but I thought I was being clunky. Some more minutes in and I realize the mousepad is malfunctioning.

Just typing this took about 30 minutes because every few seconds a random part of the screen begins a touch hold gesture (pretty sure that's what it is, feels like someone else is in control of my tablet and they really suck at gestures). This has made me exit apps, open random settings, and jump around this textbox while trying to write this.

I tried to see if I could disable the mousepad since I have a blue tooth mouse I can use, and just use the bookcover keyboard ultra as a keyboard. There is no option to disable the track/mousepad. sighhhhhh

Amusingly as I try to hit Post message the buggy keyboard hightlights and almost deletes this whole post

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Try holding the function key and press f6 to turn off the track pad
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Options
Tablets
Try holding the function key and press f6 to turn off the track pad
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Options
Tablets
Almost, this made me look more careful at all the function key modifiers.

Thanks so much you're awesome. It was function key and space for the S8 ultra bookcover.

Now begins the probably painful part of trying to talk to customer service and explaining that I need a replacement, while keeping this one for use until a functioning one is shipped to me.
bill-e
Options
Tablets
My wife absolutely cannot use a center mounted track pad. She will swear every 2 seconds as the cursor jumps around.

Bill
---
userPWRSCvKWtT
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
There has been a firmware update to the Tab S8 Ultra Keyboard Book Cover. Make sure you download the latest firmware update as well if you are having cursor issues with the trackpad.