JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

new galaxy TAB A7 10.4 Cannot Move APPA to SD card as in previous models

(Topic created: 11-22-2020 12:57 PM)
userExfk8vnFO7
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

BEWARE you cannot move any APPs over to the external SD card,  I have a 64GB internal which is large. If you get a smaller internal and download may APPs you coud be out of gas with nowhere to go. Samsung claims it is a copyright problem. However how come all of a sudden its a problem when previous models you could do that function. Possible it will be resolved and new firmware will change it ,In the meantime Samsung is using deceptive advertising stating you can use the external SD card

JUMP TO SOLUTION
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Tablets
For the most part YES. most app developers design them to run as close to the internal processor as possible for speed and efficiency. The further the apps are from the internal through partitions (data/data/obb) as opposed to (data/obb) for example , the slower the app opens and functions. That being said, if you go into your Developers Options [Settings, scroll down to About Phone, find BUILD NUMBER and click on it repeatedly until you initiate dev mode] once open, scroll down until you find the option FORCE APPS TO EXTERNAL. This will give you a bit more options to move any and all that are able to be moved. Hope This Helps
Members_hZgdCoe
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I tired that it that. Force apps to external didn't come up. I don't know much bout this stuff.

@SHADOWGATE wrote:
For the most part YES. most app developers design them to run as close to the internal processor as possible for speed and efficiency. The further the apps are from the internal through partitions (data/data/obb) as opposed to (data/obb) for example , the slower the app opens and functions. That being said, if you go into your Developers Options [Settings, scroll down to About Phone, find BUILD NUMBER and click on it repeatedly until you initiate dev mode] once open, scroll down until you find the option FORCE APPS TO EXTERNAL. This will give you a bit more options to move any and all that are able to be moved. Hope This Helps

Members_63pmpcy
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I did what you suggested but that did not solve the problems for my TAB A7 10.4" tablets. I still can not move my apps to the SD card and it is really bad if the latest tablet from Samsung can not provide such a basic functionality.

0 Likes
userLXhxKXEiAY
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I did what you said. Got to developer status but the option to force apps to sd card is not there. I cant believe I've bought a tablet that prevents you from doing this most basic function. I've put some pictures and files on the sd card but it's the apps that use all the very limited memory. 

I would score this tablet very low and recommend people not to buy it if a solution cannot be found. 

I will contact the company I purchased it from to see of thet are prepared to take it back 

0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Its not really the "Device or Manufacturers" fault in my opinion. The app developers have found ways of manipulating their file paths and how they are handle through the partition to scatter the files about the systems internal memory. So instead if a : system/system/data where you could format a partitioned sd card to mimic that file path pretty easily they have crazy file paths like system/data/data/obb. for some parts and others for other parts which confuses the FATS32 format that weve all grown accustomed to. Again the Developers do this to keep their apps running close to the internal processor as it limits Doors (/)file paths it has to travel to locate the app. I honestly believe the "CONSUMER STANDARD" should be 1 United Format and should be law when you submit your apps into the Google Play Store for Token Authority review. I can move almost any app I want to external because I know how to trace down the files and mimic their file path but on an sd card. If you download a File Explorer (I recommend ES File Explorer) most commonly used in a Rooted phone but has a lot of options just plain Jane. Go online and find the file path of the apk. you are wanting to move and you can mirror that file path by writing a new one in your ad card. Its alot more work but is doable. Again, there should be a system standard in place because the lack of is deeming any "Real" use of an sdcard useless. When we buy a device and they promote blahs blahs blahs with a 64g expandable it kinda feels like a useless feature. Hopefully they will fix in the future. I dont mind if GOOGLE NEWS takes a few seconds longer to open and load if the 187mb isn't resting on my internal processors chest when doing it ya know. Not to mention Companies who are providing the phone would be happier if everything and the kitchen sink werent resting on the internals also. I'm with You. I'd sign a Petition for Change on thus problem
0 Likes
userhABG3vsh0p
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I partly agree with this, it is frustrating that some developers force their apps to be loaded on the internal storage, however what the manufacturers have done with the Tab A7 is make it impossible for ANY to be moved to the external storage, that is on them.

0 Likes
Options
Tablets

Galaxy A7 10.4" (2020) wi-fi- GSM phone tablets do not allow Apps to be moved to SD cards!

ATTENTION SAMSUNG: The feature to move any and all apps downloaded from you or the Android Google App Store cannot be moved to the purchased (Samsung) SD Card!

This is a major problem! Will you please release a new update and fix this problem???

We have purchased 32 of these and none of them will allow this feature!

We have never had this problem with any of your other tablets until we purchased this model!

We are in the movie industry and until this problem is resolved your sales on this device will not be helped by our company or 75% of our affiliates worldwide!

We have seen this problem in another thread and it is not being addressed by Samsung for anyone!!!

The word is getting out about these 2020 models which we have just bought 32 of... They are worthless as they stand from your company!

Options
Tablets

This does not work for this model tablet , worked on my S8 active to solve problem but not the model tablet mention in original post, THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN MARKED A SOLUTION!!!

userJv0XHykEC2
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I did everything that you said and it didn't work. I'm so tired of this issue. I'm going to return the tablet to the store

user9Zl8trKMg4
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I formatted my SD card.  And then as I opened Camera, it prompted me.

Next app was Netflix, no prompt. But in the app, I went to its settings and was able to change download location to SD card.