JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"Unable to verify warranty due to incomplete serial number"

(Topic created: 02-09-2022 04:15 PM)
Babel-17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I entered the one that shows under Status information in Settings as being my serial number, so I have no idea  what the deal is. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+, Wi-Fi version, bought new here in the USA from Amazon itself. I was able to register my Tab S4 a few years back, and now today my new S21 Ultra, with no problem. Fwiw I'm  on my S7+ as I write this, and I was on it when trying again to get my serial number accepted.
24 Replies
Options
Tablets
Is it the same that's on the box or the back of the device?
Babel-17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Yes, exactly the same as on the back of the device.
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
Did you check and make sure the difference of zeros and o's and I's and 1's?
Babel-17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Yes. And I even tried copy and paste, which is possible to do with text within settings. I'm being told my serial number is incomplete, not wrong, and IIRC, I'm not the only person with an S7+ that this has happened to.
userrvmZO28VEI
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Yep. Same thing happening to me here.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

I understand how it can be frustrating to have registration issues. Please send the model and serial numbers via private message, and I will be happy to look in to this.

Babel-17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
No zeroes or O's, and the 1's don't look like I's. But like I said, I even submitted a copy and paste, which got the same result. If you hold down on the serial number, the system says that it's been copied to clipboard.
Options
Tablets
Try the imei number instead
Babel-17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
There isn't one, I checked, this is the WiFi version, and a Google search confirms that Samsung says that its WiFi devices don't have one.