Original topic:

Brand New Samsung Bespoke Dryer Making Grinding Noise and Burning Smell

(Topic created: 08-28-2023 09:24 AM)
ancreed
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi everyone!

I have a brand new Samsung Bespoke washer and dryer set that I've probably used about 4 times now. The dryer has always made this sort of grinding noise and the drum turns, and it looks like online that it might be an issue with the rollers?

It also gives off a burning smell when using heat. Typically, it's not terrible but I used the stem feature the other day and it smelled as if it was going to catch on fire.

Is this something that the Samsung warranty will cover and can send a tech out?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hey there! I can certainly understand your concerns with the noise and the smell; I'll be delighted to assist you 🙂

The grinding sound usually happens when the dryer load is too heavy. If you hear these sounds, immediately stop the cycle and reduce the weight of the load.  

With the dryer being new, the burning smell is most likely the oil residue from shipping. Run the dryer empty for about 15 minutes to dissipate the odor. Make sure to periodically clean the lint trap and exhaust vent, as well as use the correct settings for the clothing you are drying. For instance, rayon and other synthetic fabrics on high heat could potentially burn (causing a burning smell).

If you've done the above and your dryer is still having the burning smell get worse, please send a private message to any of the mods so that we can get this looked into.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Shelliam
Galaxy
Options
Washers and Dryers
If it's brand new and you haven't tumbled rocks or some other crazy thing like that, it's covered under your warranty. Depending how new, it may be better to contact the store you purchasef from, but aside from all that hassle, is the dryer level? The burning smell is from off gassing and should be fine in a few uses, and if it it smelled like that during steam, what garments did you have in there at the time? Hope this helps though!
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hey there! I can certainly understand your concerns with the noise and the smell; I'll be delighted to assist you 🙂

The grinding sound usually happens when the dryer load is too heavy. If you hear these sounds, immediately stop the cycle and reduce the weight of the load.  

With the dryer being new, the burning smell is most likely the oil residue from shipping. Run the dryer empty for about 15 minutes to dissipate the odor. Make sure to periodically clean the lint trap and exhaust vent, as well as use the correct settings for the clothing you are drying. For instance, rayon and other synthetic fabrics on high heat could potentially burn (causing a burning smell).

If you've done the above and your dryer is still having the burning smell get worse, please send a private message to any of the mods so that we can get this looked into.

0 Likes