JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Brand new dryer (DVE50BG8300VA3) - making grinding noise

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
rohit22
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I just got the 7.5 cu. ft. Smart Electric Dryer with Steam Sanitize+ and Sensor Dry (DVE50BG8300VA3) installed last night. First time I run this today morning, I hear grinding noise. Sounds like metal to metal grinding noise. I made sure its not overloaded and tried again with just few clothes - I hear the same noise.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello there, and thank you for reaching out to the Community. I definitely understand your concern regarding the grinding noise coming from the dryer when in use and would love to assist.

First, we strongly recommend having the installer inspect the dryer for any shipping bolts that may not have been removed during installation. If any shipping bolts are located please have them removed immediately to resolve the grinding noise and ensure no damage occurs to the dryer's drum.

Second, we would like to confirm the noise can also be related to the size of the load and recommend adjusting the upcoming loads to see if this provides any resolution to the noise. You can also review our article here- https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01000979 for assistance. 

If none of the information is successful, we'd love for you to Private Message any moderator by clicking on the chat option with your full model and serial number to proceed with one-on-on assistance. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
LibraNick
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Iā€™m seeing the same noise with my dryer. It was also installed yesterday. Iā€™ll be following up closely to this post and see if someone from Samsung replies. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello there, and thank you for reaching out to the Community. I definitely understand your concern regarding the grinding noise coming from the dryer when in use and would love to assist.

First, we strongly recommend having the installer inspect the dryer for any shipping bolts that may not have been removed during installation. If any shipping bolts are located please have them removed immediately to resolve the grinding noise and ensure no damage occurs to the dryer's drum.

Second, we would like to confirm the noise can also be related to the size of the load and recommend adjusting the upcoming loads to see if this provides any resolution to the noise. You can also review our article here- https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01000979 for assistance. 

If none of the information is successful, we'd love for you to Private Message any moderator by clicking on the chat option with your full model and serial number to proceed with one-on-on assistance.