JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dryer is damaging some clothing

(Topic created: 12-06-2023 11:04 AM)
Maggienolan
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I found a folding knife was  in my brothers clothing in the dryer. Now the drum is picking some fabrics when put in the dryer. Any ideas how to fix this? Is this something that can be repaired?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello there and Welcome to our Samsung Community! We're so sorry to hear about this situation with your dryer, and definitely understand the concerns. First, we ask if you can please inspect the dryer's drum and door gasket to see if there's anything that the fabric is getting snagged on. 

Caution: Be careful when inspecting the inside of the drum. If jagged edges are present, running a hand over them may cause injury.

If you identify any damage or jagged edges during your personal inspection, we recommend for you to have the drum of the dryer serviced by a technician. I've included the service link here to further assist with that aspect- https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/. Service is not required, if no damage to the drum is found and the only other possible solution to prevent further damage to the clothing is to adjust the cycles and settings being used according to the laundry care handle recommended for the fabric.

Please feel free to follow up with us via a private message with your full model code and serial number of the dryer for any further assistance regarding the damaged clothing.  We look forward to speaking with you.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello there and Welcome to our Samsung Community! We're so sorry to hear about this situation with your dryer, and definitely understand the concerns. First, we ask if you can please inspect the dryer's drum and door gasket to see if there's anything that the fabric is getting snagged on. 

Caution: Be careful when inspecting the inside of the drum. If jagged edges are present, running a hand over them may cause injury.

If you identify any damage or jagged edges during your personal inspection, we recommend for you to have the drum of the dryer serviced by a technician. I've included the service link here to further assist with that aspect- https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/. Service is not required, if no damage to the drum is found and the only other possible solution to prevent further damage to the clothing is to adjust the cycles and settings being used according to the laundry care handle recommended for the fabric.

Please feel free to follow up with us via a private message with your full model code and serial number of the dryer for any further assistance regarding the damaged clothing.  We look forward to speaking with you.