Original topic:

Have issues with 18 min wash cycles - top load washer

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
atrayford
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi - 

Does anyone else experience their washer going absolutely bizzerk during the last 18 minutes of the cycle. 

No matter how big or small my load is, the washer starts spinning extremely hard, unbalances itself, and goes back to 34 minutes to rinse and start all over. 

I’ve tried repositioning the clothes, rebalancing everything, nothing seems to work. 

The washer didn’t do this at first, now it happens nearly every wash - and I’ve had this washer for about 3 years now. 

Any advice?

6 Replies
MG1983
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

This is a nightmare washer. My Samsung toploader does the same. Unbalanced errors every time we use it and it takes hours of trial and error for one load. There’s hundreds of posts and YouTube videos about how defective these are and no fix from Samsung 

atrayford
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Ohhh nooooo - this is heartbreaking to hear! I just knew somebody was going to say they found a fix 😫

0 Likes
userBmEM9ADdG7
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I’m having the same issue. I’ve changed out the suspension rods, performed multiple calibrations. Tried every YouTube idea I could find. I’ve even used my starrett machinists level to level it. I’ve reached the conclusion that Samsung wants to go out of business. Their appliances seem to be designed to fail at approximately 3 years and their parts are 4 times the cost of their competitors and you can nearly purchase a new washer versus their service costs. My suggestion would be throw it out and buy something else.

atrayford
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Throw it out and buy a new one, noooooooo 😫. Lesson learned to never buy another Samsung, but geez 3 years isn’t that old (compared to my grandmas washer that lasted years). 

This hurts to hear

0 Likes
Anitawawa
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Ours is doing the same thing. Tried the recalibration resetting many many times, and unplugged and moved it etc, still does the same thing. There’s no one in our area that would repair a Samsung washer. We’ve only had it for a few years too. We’re now hand-wringing clothes and use the dryer partially then hang clothes outside on a rack to dry. We’re still searching for a repair person in our area. 

atrayford
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Oh my goodness, I’ve been doing the same thing! I just knew there would be a fix to this online and nothing. 

Man I hope we all figure something out - that doesn’t involve buying a completely new washer. 

0 Likes