JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Multiple Issues with Home Appliances - WA48H7400A, DV48H7400E, RH25H5611SR, MC17T8000C, NE58F9500SS,

(Topic created: 08-19-2022 06:38 PM)
userRUyDxXPQDh
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Over the past decade, my husband and I have purchased many Samsung appliances, including multiple smartphones, a blu-ray player, a convection oven, a convection microwave, a washing machine, a dryer, and a refrigerator. Between the devices themselves, the accessories, the repair services, and replacement parts, we’ve spent almost $8,000. Our fancy &  expensive stainless steel convection microwave oven lasted just 3 years. Making it barely outside of the warranty period, it would no longer even power on. Just a few years after purchase, we also started having issues with our washing machine, dryer, and refrigerator. The ice maker in the freezer almost never works. I constantly have to buy bagged ice or make cubes with trays. The ice maker often jams or just produces no ice. Water will also somehow routinely leak inside the freezer, creating a thick layer of ice at the bottom of the unit. This requires me to get out an ice pick to remove the ice layer continually, if I want to open the bottom drawer. We had to replace the heating element and the idler pulley assembly in the dryer. It still doesn’t dry clothes well. Due to the poor design, I’ve had multiple items damaged while catching on the edge in the unit. We’ve had to replace the pulsator cap in the washing machine multiple times. The washing machine developed a severe amount of buildup. The loads constantly get unbalanced, causing the machine to either stop mid cycle or continually empty and refill the drum, using an obscene amount of water. It has never been capable of performing a high spin cycle. The clothes never seem to come out clean, and I constantly have to clean out the machine. Now, I’ve discovered this unit was recalled a few years ago due to the design flaws, which in some cases even resulted in severe injuries to customers. Apparently, one of the many issues is a malfunction during the spin cycle, causing the unit to sort of explode, with the lids flying off the hinges. A few weeks ago, my washing machine started making awful noises during a spin cycle, and it stopped spinning, and the timer froze. I even tried unplugging it and restarting the unit. It cannot even complete a rinse and spin cycle at this point. Of course I happened to get into poison ivy at this time, and I have never more desperately needed a washing machine. I already have several rashes, and without washing all of the oil from the poison ivy plant off of any contaminated items, I will continue to re-expose myself to it, causing more and more rashes. While we missed the cutoff date for the class action lawsuit against Samsung, it appeared that I could at least request a complimentary repair for the washing machine on the website. So I did this, but here we are, a week later, and I have no hope I will receive help anytime soon, if at all. After being referred to Service Quick and a local appliance repair company, after hours on the phone, after speaking with Service Quick, Samsung’s recall department, and Samsung’s repair department, I have no appointment even scheduled. I had to even argue with a Samsung employee in the repair department, because she tried to insist my washing machine isn’t even on the recall list, when it absolutely is, which I confirmed myself on the Samsung website and also by speaking directly with a Samsung recall employee. I was insultingly offered a $20 reimbursement, when we spent $1500 on this washer/dryer set. I was kept on hold for a ridiculously long amount of time. I was told to keep calling back and forth between this department and that department because the Samsung departments simply cannot effectively communicate directly with each other. Some of the employees either sounded condescending and/or had quite an attitude. They didn’t want to truly listen to what I had to say. They just wanted to repeat the dialogue that was probably provided to them in a handbook. I was even denied the request to speak with a supervisor. After submitting 2 service requests, and each of them subsequently somehow getting canceled, it was finally confirmed that a service request had successfully been submitted. Each time, I had to even repeat all of my information, because apparently all of that data would magically be wiped out of their system. I was told I would be hearing from a local appliance repair company shortly. Over 24 hours later, I still have not. Meanwhile, I’m washing my poison-ivy contaminated clothing with gloved hands in the bathtub, like I’m a pioneer, keeping my fingers crossed that I don’t spread the poison ivy oil on my skin AGAIN. I’m just absolutely floored at how dysfunctional this corporation is, and I cannot believe how poorly they treat their customers. I’ve encountered many customer service issues over the years, but this is the most frustrating experience I’ve had yet. Having spoken with so many different people and even with different departments, I would have thought that at the very least, someone could take the time to personally reach out to a repair company to schedule an appointment. I have to say that with all of my experiences over the past several years, I’m thoroughly disappointed in the way Samsung conducts business. I’d love for someone at Samsung to intervene and prove me wrong, but I’m very doubtful of a satisfactory resolution at this point. I wish so much that someone would have warned me about the risk of purchasing from Samsung, prior to investing my hard-earned money in their appliances. So this is my warning to others. While I have not had issues with their electronics, almost all of the home appliances that we purchased have been severely defective, if they haven’t become totally non-functional. I didn’t expect them to last forever, but I never thought they would last less than a decade, and I certainly didn’t imagine any would cease to function after just 3 years. Given that, out of principle alone, I will never purchase another Samsung product of any kind. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, We appreciate you letting us know about this. We're sorry to hear that you've had such a difficult experience with not just one, but several of your Samsung appliances. We would love the opportunity to work with you directly on finding a resolution for all of the issues you are still experiencing with these products. If you would like, you can reach out to any of the moderators here in a private message for further assistance. We will need the model and serial numbers for each appliance you would like to discuss. Additionally, please provide any ticket numbers you have received from previous contact with Samsung, as this will help us assist you quicker. Thank you so much for your patience during this time, and we look forward to helping you get this resolved. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, We appreciate you letting us know about this. We're sorry to hear that you've had such a difficult experience with not just one, but several of your Samsung appliances. We would love the opportunity to work with you directly on finding a resolution for all of the issues you are still experiencing with these products. If you would like, you can reach out to any of the moderators here in a private message for further assistance. We will need the model and serial numbers for each appliance you would like to discuss. Additionally, please provide any ticket numbers you have received from previous contact with Samsung, as this will help us assist you quicker. Thank you so much for your patience during this time, and we look forward to helping you get this resolved.