JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Need HELP figuring out what is wrong with my dryer

(Topic created: 11-21-2022 09:40 AM)
steph772001
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have a DV50F9A6EVW/A2. iN THE PAST 6 MONTHS, it has gone through 4 heating elements. The last 2 have been within the last month.

I have changed the heating element, and all the fuses that go with it. This last element, it actually exploded the coil.

After changing them, it will do wonderful for about 10 dry cycles then no heat. I have noticed upon occassion, the dry cycle would end sooner than expected and clothes would be not completely dried. I would restart it and it would work fine.

Also, I decided to run the vent blockage test and it gives me a code of C9- which would indicate a 90% blockage but there is absolutely NOTHING blocking it. It has been taken apart, vacuumed out and put back together. External vent and hose have also been checked.

Is this a malfunctionint controlpanel that is causing the elements to go bad?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The dryer is about 8 years old.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Washers and Dryers
You may need the control board replaced. I would recommend having an authorized service tech diagnose it.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Washers and Dryers
You may need the control board replaced. I would recommend having an authorized service tech diagnose it.
steph772001
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers
Can you tell me how to check the panel myself as I don't have the funds for a service call....hence why I'm trying to do it myself
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Washers and Dryers
You won't be able to properly diagnose without the proper equipment, that only a repair tech would have, especially if it's a control board issue.
0 Likes
steph772001
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers
What more would be needed than an ohm meter?
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Washers and Dryers
They may use diagnostic devices that are only meant for their products, besides your standard ohm meter. I do not have a Samsung washer/ dryer unit, so I can not guide you thru that. IF it's even the control board, they'll run you a few hundred dollars depending on the model.
0 Likes