JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Update Broke My Washer

(Topic created: 09-07-2022 03:06 PM)
userlabczzXvOC
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Samsung in their infinite wisdom sent out an update that broke my washing machine and made it where none of the buttons work except power. I've spoken to multiple "pro staff" that can't fix it and spoken to the Home Appliance Case Managment Refund and Exchange department had 3 tickets issued. Samsung said they would replace the defective washer now but they have canceled that ticket and started yet another repair ticket. They keep calling it a repair or update but do not have an update to apply or anyway to get the update to customers as one of the first trouble shooting methods is to remove it from the smart things app and wifi. If anyone else is getting this run around from their terrible warranty and repair centers let me know because I have an 800 dollar washer just sitting here now and no support. No the child lock is not engaged I'm smarter than my Washer. 

3 Replies
af3j
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
Follow these steps. It will fix it. Screenshot_20220901-192052_Messages_5581_1662074452.jpg
userlabczzXvOC
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I've spent 4 hrs talking to samsung over the last week.  I've tried that fix 3 times it doesn't work. That's why I'm posting here to show they are stringing people along with this issue. I've had three tickets opened one being a replacement and all have been closed within a day or two without resolution. They broke it with their update they should replace it. 

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. No one wants to have a device where the buttons aren't working. If the steps provided by user @af3j aren't helping, give this link a shot: Samsung Washing Machine Buttons Won't Work

Please read the link in its entirety to reap the full benefit of the troubleshooting. If neither help, I recommend reaching out to us via private message or calling 1-800-SAMSUNG with any ticket numbers you may have to get this taken care of immediately.