JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

WA50R5200AW/US - Out of balance still, and replaced the tension bars

(Topic created: 08-15-2023 04:02 PM)
jeharriman1
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am having a lot of problems with my washer  WA50R5200AW/US becoming unbalanced during the spin.  I replaced all four of the tension bars, but i am still having a lot of issues.  The washer is basically useless at the moment because we cant use the spin cycle without it becoming unbalanced.  It's only 3-years old.  We are a single family home, so just normal household loads of laundry, nothing crazy.

Any other tips or tricks?  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
jeharriman1
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

JBTechfanatic, thank you for replying.  I actually found another video online that helped.  There is a function on this model (calibration) that address this issue.  1st power on the machine, then simultaneously press "Temp" and "Delay End" then press start.  This function calibrates the "X" "Y" axis of the washer drum.  It will take about 2-3 minutes to complete and rotate the drum multiple times at various speeds.  However, it worked like a charm.   

View solution in context

2 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Washers and Dryers
If you put a level on it is it level front and back if not make it level as best as possible you should be able to turn the feet on the bottom to level it out then run the spin cycle with nothing in it and see if it's still gives you problems if it doesn't really the only thing you can do besides making sure it's level is when you're putting in the clothes try to really distribute them evenly in a circle Distributing the weight evenly it's really hard to say since you've had it for several years and it was working fine is it possible that the replacement parts were the wrong one or maybe they were not positioned correctly or did something else snap inside again I'm just thinking out loud
Solution
jeharriman1
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

JBTechfanatic, thank you for replying.  I actually found another video online that helped.  There is a function on this model (calibration) that address this issue.  1st power on the machine, then simultaneously press "Temp" and "Delay End" then press start.  This function calibrates the "X" "Y" axis of the washer drum.  It will take about 2-3 minutes to complete and rotate the drum multiple times at various speeds.  However, it worked like a charm.