JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washer or dryer shredding towels and other clothing

(Topic created: 05-02-2023 06:15 AM)
user5A3KjlqWYA
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I purchased a brand new Samsung washer and dryer about a year or so ago and one or both are destroying my fabrics. my towels are being shredded, socks being shredded. I have inspected the washer and dryer drums and cannot find a rough spot or figure out which machine or what is causing this. I’m so frustrated and at a loss. I’ll post some examples and the make and model in the images.

<IMAGE HIDDEN>

<IMAGE HIDDEN>

20230311_143446.jpg20230311_143449.jpg20230311_143508.jpg

4 Replies
MikeHuntztinx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers
WOW that's extremely unusual for any washer or dryer to do that kind of damage and especially on multiple articles clothing and linen.... It's hard to say without seeing the inside of either one, but something doing that kind of damage would be definitely noticable what the problem is one would think.... Now I'm just guessing, but I would definitely bet that it is much more likely to be the washer than the dryer and it depends on whether or not you have an impeller or an agitator and I would rub my hand over every inch of the drum and especially the bottom where the impeller is or the agitator Because something maybe caught up in there and that's doing the damage, there really isn't anything in either one that would do something like that so something would most definitely have to be off and maybe check to see if the impeller is loose if you have one, but that would be my guess the impeller or the agitator is somehow causing it, but even that is hard to wrap my mind around, but there's something in there that isn't supposed to be or something has come loose, but I would think you would hear something that wouldn't sound right
MikeHuntztinx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers
And is it a front load or top load washer? And I'm just throwing this out there, but just out of curiosity with this being a brand new washer and dryer as you said well then it should be a smart washer and dryer, so therefore you should be able to diagnose any problems with either one through your phoneScreenshot_20230502_081419_Shop Samsung.jpg
MikeHuntztinx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers
I would definitely say that if there's something with the washer or dryer doing that kind of damage well then running a diagnostic for both of them through your phone should tell you very quickly if there's an issue with either one
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi there, I can definitely understand your concern here. As @MikeHuntztinx said, if there is this type of damage to the clothing, usually the cause is visible somewhere in the drum. If you would like, you always have the option to reach out to any of the moderators here in a private message. We would be happy to review your case to determine the best resolution that may be available. Just be sure to include your model and serial numbers, and any ticket numbers you have received, in your private message to help us assist you quicker.