cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: RUST ISSUE SAMSUNG WASHER MODEL WA48H7400AW/A2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having this same rust issue with our washer.  We addressed the recall a couple years ago so when I called several weeks ago to discuss the rust issue I first went through the recall department (because that's the number i had written down on the manual) who then forwarded me to a customer service rep.  Basically they both said that because the recall had been taken care of, and we were outside of the one year warranty window post recall, that we were on our own with the rust problem.  They set up an outside company to contact me regarding repairs and they wanted to charge me $300 just to come look at the washer!  I declined.  Ridiciculous!  I have pictures but can't seem to attach them here.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue. I had the warranty administered and put in for service for the top. The service tech told me rust was not covered and claim will be denied. Is this covered or is the tech mistaken? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. The top of our washer was NOT replaced with the recall repair. The rust keeps spreading. We've only had the washer for 4 years. This shouldn't be happening. I would just like this fixed, PLEASE!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this same issue with the same washer. It is very disaapointing becuase I do not feel I should have to sped $1000+ every four years on a washer and dryer. Is there any help samsung can provide?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

WA45H7000AW/A2 rusting issues. We cannot use the dispenser drawer anymore since the rust falls into the drum. Now it's developing an odor and we cannot run self clean cycle to clean it since we cannot open the tray.  There is a lot of people on here with the same issue. This sounds like Samsung should replace the top so we can fully use our washer again. Please help

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here... just got rust in just under 4 years.   Had the recall done a couple years ago but will this be covered by samsung also?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Washing Machine Rusting!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same washer and same problem.  I got the info about the recall a year or two ago and had them replace.  If I had known my machine would start rusting and looking bad I would have seriously considered a different brand.  A washer shouldn't rust and look like junk after a few years and this appears to be a recurring problem for a lot of people. wassher.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washing Machine Rusting!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would be more than happy to help with this.  Could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Rust in dispenser areas

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have 2 sets of washer/ dryers and both are rusting at bleach dispenser area and beginning to stain laundry. What can I do?