JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HBO Max doesn’t have sound

(Topic created: 05-29-2020 01:19 PM)
user87O23AuVhF
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I've deleted the original HBOGO app and downloaded the max app and there is still no sound on video. My tv still has sound on every other app and in the app but when I try to play a video there's nothing.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I don't know if this helps your situation but I solved the same problem.  If you have a soundbar connected via digital audio cable HBO max doesn't support the audio output.  Fortunately my TV and Samsung soundbar are both HDMI arc compatible so a 2 minute fix by connecting the HDMI worked 

View solution in context

15 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, is it everything you watch on the app? Also have you reached out to HBO support about this? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Solution
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I don't know if this helps your situation but I solved the same problem.  If you have a soundbar connected via digital audio cable HBO max doesn't support the audio output.  Fortunately my TV and Samsung soundbar are both HDMI arc compatible so a 2 minute fix by connecting the HDMI worked 

user4vcgPHcyy1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung TV and Samsung sound bar, both new. HBO max volume is very low, need to turn the sound bar all the way up. My sound bar is connected by an optical cable.  Should I switch to hdmi?

0 Likes
userczFV5CBPTz
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am also having this problem of extremely low audio volume on all my Samsung TVs which also have Samsung soundbars (none are new but also no older than 3 years) but mine are hooked up via HDMI ARC. It is very obvious on movies I've watched before elsewhere because there is almost no bass. I don't have this issue on any other apps downloaded to the TV, just HBO Max (didn't have this issue with HBO Go). I could never find a solution so I have started straming HBO Max from either Apple TV or a Fire Stick but would prefer streaming directly from my tv.

Did you ever find a solution to the problem?

userwWhQcm5qmk
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have this problem.  No sound for HBO Max.  Sound for everything else.

userIPBywcaNKc
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
im having the same issue on my Samsung TV.
userGrTVeOFFAv
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I'm having the same issues on my Samsung TV also!! smh
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Is there a soundbar connected to the television by any chance or are you using the television speakers?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userr9XCvGe8gv
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I also have the same issue.  Samsung 6 series TV.  Occasionally the sound does work, so it is not a hardware or setup problem.  Very frustrating.  I have soud for everything else.  I also have a Q6 and that always seems to work fine.

0 Likes