JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Turn off auto-detect HDMI

(Topic created: 06-18-2018 12:55 PM)
CNMark
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How do you turn off the auto-detect HDMI feature? Sometimes my Apple TV comes on and then the TV automatically turns on as well but I don't want the TV to do so. How do you turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Mark

536 Replies
userh9n7stfyxz
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I agree.  I want to use my receiver to send the signal to the TV  (Cable/Blu-ray/etc) in lieu of running separate HDMI’s to the TV smart box.  My smart box recognizes the master HDMI as a Blu-ray source but my TV signal comes through it when my receiver is sending the signal.  I would rather it say source and let me switch elsewhere.  Does this make sense?

0 Likes
Sam Soong
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have you read my post on page 4?

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/Turn-off-auto-detect-HDMI/m-p/66582/highlight/true#M8843

Solved it a year ago, not waiting for Samsung, costs me 100 bucks on a switch, saved me 500 bucks annoyance 😉

0 Likes
userU3sIBPm5HG
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I've been looking around.  Will this "fix" also fix the problem where the unit "forgets" the HDMI label/settings?  I have a PS4 connected, and when the PS4 turns off, after a bit, the TV will remove the source from the list.  If it turn on the PS4 again, it will show as "unknown" source.

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

What is your full model code?

0 Likes
userU3sIBPm5HG
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

UN55MU6290 running Software V.  1230

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Give this link a try. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userU3sIBPm5HG I saw where troubleshooting steps were provided by @SamsungKim1. Did the link help? 

0 Likes
userU3sIBPm5HG
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It did not work for me.

0 Likes
Sam Soong
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The 'trick' of the HDMI switch is that it is always on. So the TV doesn't notice any change of status.
It must be a powered switch and preferably 4K capable.

In my case I have a master-slave power switch as well, from which all the periferal accept the PVR is powered.
I.e. : DVD player, SCART converter, HDMI switch, Ethernet switch, Nintendo Wii etc. so I don't have power consuption when the TV is off.

0 Likes
usermMTTWjWS50
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Ok. Thank you . I am getting one today. Cant stand this problem any more!
0 Likes