Original topic:

Remote not working and red light flashing

(Topic created: 08-31-2020 01:00 AM)
OCRFierce
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello.

Looks like I just fell into the same Remote ‘flashing red, not pairing, not available, tv turning on by itself in the middle of the night’ black hole I’ve seen posted about.  How frustrating!  I have read through the posts and tried everything, yet i cannot get any of the functions to work.  Everything has worked perfectly for over a year.  I’m so confused, please help.

I have UN65KS9500FXZA.

129 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

We are sorry to hear about this. Can you provide the television model number, please?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Also, does it seem like any buttons are stuck on the remote? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userNKfwvkoWJx
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Have a 65 QLED 2019 model.  Remote stopped working.  REplaced batteries after draining and trying to reset/repair.  Unplugged TV.  Still not working.  Called Samsung 4x, waited on hold for hours.  Qued for call and have not received class over 3 days doing this.  Site says open 7 days week, no answer on Saturday.  

Red light flashing on the remote.  No manual button to turn on TV.  Need help!

userVvOKbWjODl
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I had this problem too and tried many of the "re-pair by pressing button x and button y" but this didn't work for me. I popped the remote open and cleaned the buttons, contacts and casing. When I put it back together, it worked. Basically, a button was pressing the whole time. 

If you point your mobile phone camera at the remote light, you can see if it is on (all the time) or not. Hope this helps someone else.

0 Likes
userU0RrAsMCfI
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I tried the above suggestions but it didn't work.  However, for some reason when the tv came on, it gave me a message "unable to pair, press the back button & the play/pause button simultaneously" I did that for 20 seconds, the red lights stopped flashing & the tv paired with the remote again.  Yay!!!

userOvhPPb2efY
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

THANK YOU!!!!!  THIS WORKED FOR ME! I tried everything in the comments and this worked for me!  Thank you for sharing this. 

0 Likes
userWvMBNp1arM
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Having the same problem, constant flashing red light when on. Remote temperamental and a "not available" box in the bottom left corner.

0 Likes
userULE8vBfd2D
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello. I'm having the same exact issue with my TV and original remote. When I try to re-pair it says "Not Available". Please Samsung help. 

0 Likes
userbi3nY2Qji7
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello- I'm having the same issue with a 8 series.  None of the afformentioned recommendations worked.  Not sure what to do  here.  I literally just took it out of the box and it doesn't work.

0 Likes
userL0yron5O8Q
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
@chrisjan thx and @userUyLGbCQ7Fc... it worked for me. Definitely have to make sure the TV's off.
0 Likes