JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S90C ESPN app freezing entire TV

(Topic created: 12-19-2023 04:58 PM)
DeckardCain
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

ESPN seems to be the only app with this issue, though I just got the TV two weeks ago. 

While watching ESPN app, the TV completely freezes after a few minutes. Completely freezes. It won't take any action from the remote for a few minutes forcing me to hard shut down the tv. Or after a few minutes it will register the button press and finally turn off. 

I have done the following, so please do not suggest these: 

-deleted ESPN app, cold shutdown TV, unplug, wait 60+ seconds, start TV and download app fresh. 

-updated tv firmware (currently version 1310)

Seems to be something with the software. I saw posts with this issue in this forum from August too. The suggested solution was firmware update. 

Real bummer. I got this TV to watch sports, primarily via the ESPN app ...  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you so much for posting about this. I completely understand your concerns with the ESPN app freezing the entire tv. I'll be more than delighted to assist with this issue. If you have an app that is freezing, not loading, missing, or crashing, you should try to cold boot the TV. You can unplug the tv for 2-3 minutes. Also, update the TV's software. Here is a link you might find helpful: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062224/  

delete the app from the TV and download it again, and lastly reset Smart Hub on your TV. If you're still having issues I recommend reaching out to the app developer for further information on this issue.

View solution in context

6 Replies
kenmc
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Exchanged an s90c that completely froze while watching espn app on the first night. Happened again 9 days later so I exchanged it. The new one did the same thing 2 days in??
0 Likes
universalagent
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm also having the same issue with the ESPN app and have  followed all the prescribed remedies.  I got this response from the ESPN support chat team:  "There is currently a known issue regarding Samsung Devices and streaming on the ESPN app. Both the Samsung and ESPN Technical teams are looking into the issue. "

PapaPV
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I, too am having the same issue on the Samsung S90CA 65 inch. The ESPN+ app freezes after about 20 minutes of use. I have 1 GIG internet service, so I know that is not the issue.

Have also seen it freeze on Paramount+.   Will keep watching this forum to suggestions and help.  I have SW release 1310. 

MrsTdr
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same here, man. Really frustrating and not sure what the solution is.

0 Likes
Cside6614
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue here. Only a problem with ESPN+ and only on the samsung.  Other devices seem to work fine. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you so much for posting about this. I completely understand your concerns with the ESPN app freezing the entire tv. I'll be more than delighted to assist with this issue. If you have an app that is freezing, not loading, missing, or crashing, you should try to cold boot the TV. You can unplug the tv for 2-3 minutes. Also, update the TV's software. Here is a link you might find helpful: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062224/  

delete the app from the TV and download it again, and lastly reset Smart Hub on your TV. If you're still having issues I recommend reaching out to the app developer for further information on this issue.