JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What are the colored buttons on the remote?

(Topic created: 12-06-2021 05:14 AM)
nthnu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have the QN43Q60AAFXZA. On the remote there are colored buttons. I've looked in the manual but only find a reference, nothing on what it does. Any ideas on how to use them or set them?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

As shown in the user guide, the color buttons are used to control specific features in any app that is programmed to use them. They are a holdover from older smart TV apps and functions, and are rarely used anymore.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hey there! That's the numeric button. You can find more info in the Remote Manual

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
nthnu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
The problem is, the manual only shows that they are the colored buttons. I can't find anything anywhere on what they do.
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

As shown in the user guide, the color buttons are used to control specific features in any app that is programmed to use them. They are a holdover from older smart TV apps and functions, and are rarely used anymore.

0 Likes
userNIdm6pxFWx
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello,

I had exact same issue that my colored button wasn't working.  Also my Mic button wasn't working on my brand new TV (QN826DT..) .   I looked at the remote control manual and saw the pairing procedure using  Back & Play-Pause (>||).  

The use of Multi-colored button is for numerical keypad at the bottom of the screen, and secondly certain applications have Red, Green, Yellow, Blue buttons for different functions.  When you press this button twice, it will show these 4 colored buttons as A, B, C, D and you can use the respective button for its actions depending on the application.  In my app Yellow is used for setting a movie or TV show entry as Favorite, Blue button to perform a search from the list.  Hopefully that helps.

I held both buttons for few seconds and TV repaired the remote.  As soon as that happened, both colored button and Mic buttons started working.

good luck,
Nik